6th anniversary of LMG IV

Brad Little

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Made all four, although the first was the most memorable for me. I won the F-512 door prize and same day got test results that said I had a form of blood cancer, so the prize was a salve for my wound, so to speak.

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Are you referring to the guitars or the company?

The company, mostly. I can't speak for the acoustics - i've never even seen one in person. Import guitars bearing the Guild name bugs me to no end and those guitars don't compare to the US-made ones. They are good guitars for the price but IMO there's nothing special about them any more. They know that their main purchasers aren't people like me, though, so I guess kudos for knowing their market.

The company, though, has consistently reinforced my opinion that they are nothing more than another modern company that's bought a US brand name and turned it into a formulaic social-media-intensive MBA graduate project that shows how to make money above anything else.

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I miss you guys, and I can't believe it's been six years!

For me, the LMGs were really uplifting. The folks from New Hartford were unbelievably hospitable for all the events, and always made me feel welcome. The "tours" themselves were truly amazing and I ate all that stuff up. At that time, I was really optimistic about the brand flourishing there, despite being wary of the economics of it. The 5+ year run there just seems way too short to me!

It's worth noting that Kaman Music, who owned the New Hartford facility, was all-in from the beginning with regard to the LMG events. They'd held Ovation Fan Club (and Hamer) events for years before that and knew the value of all that. Fender probably wouldn't've allowed us to come in there had it not been for the Kaman management team that was still there when Fender took over in 2008. As far as I know, Guild never had events like LMG, even pre-Fender.

Anyway, most of all I miss you guys (LTGers). Sorry it's been so long since we've all gotten together. Those were indeed good days!