6th anniversary of LMG IV

jeffcoop

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Today is the sixth anniversary of Let's Meet Guild IV, the last visit to the New Hartford factory. What an enlightening and fun day that was; I'm so glad I had the opportunity to go.

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Today is the sixth anniversary of Let's Meet Guild IV, the last visit to the New Hartford factory. What an enlightening and fun day that was; I'm so glad I had the opportunity to go.

How many did you attend Jeff? I went to all of them, and we were very lucky to have that experience. I have some serious issues with the way that Fender handled the plant closing, but I have to give them huge props for all the LMGs. It's something that CMG seems to show no inclination of ever doing. It was also a real high water mark for camaraderie on this board.

Last edited:

crank

Reaction score
That means my 412, named Dozen, is 6. I went to the first LMG and the last. Great event!

jeffcoop

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Thanks for posting those! That’s Sandy’s Martin 000-17SM I’m playing.

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
How many did you attend Jeff? I went to all of them, and we were very lucky to have that experience. I have some serious issues with the way that Fender handled the plant closing, but I have to give them huge props for all the LMGs. It's something that CMG seems to shows no inclination of ever doing. It was also a real high water mark for camaraderie on this board.

As far as I'm concerned, the current "Guild" is not the Guild we all know and love. I look forward to them changing my mind, but so far I don't see that happening.

wileypickett

Reaction score
I was at LMG I, II and IV (and would have been at III but got my days mixed up).

You never look at guitars the same way after touring a factory.

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Are you referring to the guitars or the company?

I'd say the company more than the guitars Kurt. I was dubious about the guitars until I played one of the higher end D40s (not sure if they call them Traditional anymore) at Sam Ash, and it was excellent. Nice light build, and very resonant. It seems that their customer service has taken a few steps back as well, and that's more than anecdotal.

D30Man

Reaction score
Guild Total
I'd say the company more than the guitars Kurt. I was dubious about the guitars until I played one of the higher end D40s (not sure if they call them Traditional anymore) at Sam Ash, and it was excellent. Nice light build, and very resonant. It seems that their customer service has taken a few steps back as well, and that's more than anecdotal.

Yeah they are little slow on the uptake for my taste.. when it comes to email response and so forth.. But as an Oxnard owner myself and based on what I am hearing from other folks, they are getting that part right consistently I believe.. When it all comes down to it that is the most important part.. I get the impression, though IMHO Guild is a far bigger name than Cordoba, that the Guild business infrastructure ( the office ) resources are shared with CMG heavily.. I could be wrong.. I have not heavily investigated this.. However they have clearly put the money / resources into the building part of the business which is what counts in my book..

jeffcoop

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
How many did you attend Jeff? I went to all of them, and we were very lucky to have that experience. I have some serious issues with the way that Fender handled the plant closing, but I have to give them huge props for all the LMGs. It's something that CMG seems to show no inclination of ever doing. It was also a real high water mark for camaraderie on this board.

I was only able to get to that one, and I'm so thankful I did, as it turned out to be the last. Fender did treat us well that day--no indication of how badly they were about to botch the closing a few months later.

jeffcoop

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I was at LMG I, II and IV (and would have been at III but got my days mixed up).

You never look at guitars the same way after touring a factory.

Certainly true. It's one of the reasons I love my New Hartford Guilds so much.