New Hartford spruce tops can be silky, too...

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Didn't want to put this in blakeb's Westerly D55 For Sale thread, but there's some nice silking from New Hartford, too!

DkbiFN1l.jpg
16mVM6Sl.jpg
[/IMG]

Hi9sYjhl.jpg
[/IMG]

walrus

D30Man

Reaction score
Guild Total
Why not Walrus?? Is it not veer-thirty somewhere???
Very nice top!!!

D30Man

Reaction score
Guild Total
And let me add that is really a pretty New Fartford F-30RCE.. I owned a burst 2012 for a bit and it was a good instrument.. Couldn't get married to the nut width and the rosewood board was pale and rather ashy looking which is a thing for me that cheapens the look of the guitar.. Yours is nice and dark and has a lovely contrast to the top. I know oil goes a long way in darkening it up and making it better to play, but mine never could get very dark.. I do prefer ebony..

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Why not Walrus?? Is it not veer-thirty somewhere???
Very nice top!!!

Forum rules are not to veer or (I think) discuss prices, etc. in a For Sale thread...

And let me add that is really a pretty New Fartford F-30RCE.. I owned a burst 2012 for a bit and it was a good instrument.. Couldn't get married to the nut width and the rosewood board was pale and rather ashy looking which is a thing for me that cheapens the look of the guitar.. Yours is nice and dark and has a lovely contrast to the top. I know oil goes a long way in darkening it up and making it better to play, but mine never could get very dark.. I do prefer ebony..

Thanks for the compliments. I posted about the "dry" and pale fretboard and bridge when I got it - it was very noticeable. It seems NH did not oil them in the factory. So I did that before those photos, and they darkened up very nicely.

walrus

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Forum rules are not to veer or (I think) discuss prices, etc. in a For Sale thread...
Strong Moderator preference at the very least.
They definitely want a price posted if it's truly for sale, and if it's not, it shouldn't be there.
In past a couple of guys have felt like their sales were mucked up by discussion of issues unrelated to the specific instrument for sale. I get that, it's just easy to forget what forum one's in when discussion of the piece for sale and something like the model's attributes and variations gets started.
And what if somebody links to a different listing of a similar piece for sale somewhere else?
I understand it in the "craigslist/eBay" section but in FS/FT it's like a slap in the face to one of our own.
:friendly_wink:

Last edited: