How many were made?

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Oh wait, they have to be pretty too?

This is undoubtedly one of the ugliest acoustic guitars ever produced, LOL, seems to me that should be worth something.

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Here's a rare Takamine I own; not even sure what it's worth, apparently one of 800 made
Oh! I see the red one is your one! They are odd indeed, the EA 360 Electro-Acoustic Flying A model, solid spruce top with rosewood back and sides. The metallic red and metallic blue versions looked better than the natural versions. I think later there was also a black and a white version.

SX9BOsidzQLRylhBoJCLkSOBNh5N9gvatg2Pdwu1P8_4h5eEhVAW6i5GBgcVXIyRIYcGPHfA_bKRf_Nt-O2oW8htXjvAFmgL2uAUktkYvnUGI87vbQzqRaAqbgFIqvrVk6SrWyzL_C7Ty-Ap200=s0-d

oyzmohnbui4i4c6oecjh.jpg

Ralf

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Oh! I see the red one is your one! They are odd indeed, the EA 360 Electro-Acoustic Flying A model, solid spruce top with rosewood back and sides. The metallic red and metallic blue versions looked better than the natural versions.
SX9BOsidzQLRylhBoJCLkSOBNh5N9gvatg2Pdwu1P8_4h5eEhVAW6i5GBgcVXIyRIYcGPHfA_bKRf_Nt-O2oW8htXjvAFmgL2uAUktkYvnUGI87vbQzqRaAqbgFIqvrVk6SrWyzL_C7Ty-Ap200=s0-d

Where's Tom?

D30Man

Reaction score
Guild Total
I know some of you have seen ( Al and I have discussed the graphic content extensively ) but since I mentioned it on this thread. My one-of-a-kind strat partscaster.. She is so fun to play.. Strats really are about the most versatile electrics guitars out there.. My opinion of course.. My S-300 is really designed for rocking out and not much else whereas I can pretty much do it all on the strat..

1gxWnbg.jpg

JohnW63

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I don't look for rare, and I really don't value the rare over the common place either. However, if I end up with one , I will treat it better because I know it will be harder to replace. My newest Ovation was a rare one when it was made, as a limited run, but when the last owner had is sent in to New Hartford, he had modifications made by them that does make it a one of a kind. Still, if I had two to play and the unmodified one played and sounded better, I would take it instead.

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
I was asking my friend years ago whether or not I should get a pickup installed in my old D-25M. I was really torn about not being all original any more. He gave me a sage piece of advice that I took to heart: "It ain't no frickin' Stradivarius!"

D30Man

Reaction score
Guild Total
Dread your friend is right! Now throw a K&K in that bad boy!!!

merlin6666

Reaction score
One should raise the question why only few were made. What was wrong with the series that it was stopped? If only few were made, then also chances are lower to find the truly good ones among them. What about finding spare parts etc. I'd rather have a guitar that is well known for its high quality and as a result has high popularity and high numbers produced. On the other hand it would be nice to have a (short)list of the truly rare special high-end Guilds of which we know that only limited numbers (say fewer than 101) were produced.

Walter Broes

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Idol worship drives guitar values/collactability a lot more than rarity. The ultimate of course, is very limited production numbers ànd hero worship combined - Loar signed Gibson F-5 mandolins are probably the prime example of that. Late 50's sunburst Les Pauls were made in fairly limited numbers compared to how visible they were and are, and how many people want one, hence the price.
Dumble amps are probably the most recent example of something produced in very low numbers, with a lot of people wanting one because of hero worship.

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Dread your friend is right! Now throw a K&K in that bad boy!!!

Actually that was years ago and I had a LR Baggs under-the-saddle transducer installed, it's a passive p/u but it's got great output!

Then I had a K&K Pure Mini installed in the DV-52 shortly before I gave it to my son.

Quantum Strummer

Reaction score
My favorite guitar rarities are weirdos that no-one cared about when they were being made…or cares about now either. :) I've got a pair of Teiscos that were briefly listed in an English language brochure but were never made beyond a single small production run and never sold outside of Japan. I enjoy having & playing those guitars.

-Dave-