Blackstar Artist 15...

guildman63

Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]I just discovered this amp, and it really sounds great! The 15 watt version has two channels, with channel one simply bypassing the preamp and using only volume, tone, master volume, and reverb. Channel two adds a three band EQ, and there is a dial to switch from an American sound to a more British sound, and any combination in between. This amp uses two 6L6 tubes for the power section, and I believe it is hand wired. The 30 watt version is 2x12, and 1x12 for the 15 watt version. The speaker is a Celestion V Type, and it sounds very good! As for the weight, I believe it is 18kg, which is roughly in the ballpark of a Fender Mustang III (dimensionally as well). It is available in blonde from Sweetwater for $720.

Anyone have any experience with this amp?

[/FONT]
https://blackstaramps.com/uk/products/artist-15

Quantum Strummer

Reaction score
This is a PCB amp…but I remember being curious about the power section when it was first announced. Are the 6L6s just running at low voltage or is it double single-ended? (The latter would be more interesting IMO as not too many guitar amps work that way.) Don't think I saw any reviews at the time that clarified this.

-Dave-

guildman63

Reaction score
I stand corrected regarding this amp being hand wired as it definitely uses two boards: one for the front panel, and one for the back panel. The Artisan series is hand wired, not the Artist series. As for the power section, I don’t know what they did to get two 6L6’s to put out only 15 watts, but all the reviews seem to indicate that it is a very loud amp. They also say that with single coils on channel one you can practically dime the volume and it will remain clean. Very interesting!

Last edited: