HOW Do You View the Forum?

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Mobile device or "desktop"?

Why I ask:
Over the last couple of years in particular I've seen more comments about the limitations of using mobile devises to view and post here.
Being absolutely clueless about mobile interfaces I've only gradually put 2 and 2 together that it may be problematic to view links, or to open 2 "sessions" at once, or even to simply read long posts in the smaller viewing area allowed by mobile devices.
(Not that anybody here's prone to making long posts..... :stupid:)
It seems more common for members to reply to threads without reading all the posts, is it because your device itself makes it cumbersome?
I've been trying to put myself in their shoes; shrugging off stuff that contravenes older rules of "courtesy", and wondering if the device itself is altering the way we interact with one another, not just here but in any number of "places", including real person-to-person interactions....
Have fun with this piece of bait, I'm about to take my usual weekend off, and hope you don't have to put up with any downtime!
:tranquillity:

Last edited:

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I use an iPad most of the time, and an Android phone sometimes. I have no problems viewing or posting any parts of the forum.

D30Man

Reaction score
Guild Total
I use my trusty Motorola razor

By66Abj.jpg

Seriously I go back and forth between my iPhone and my surface pro.. If it is during normal biz hours more often than not it is from my surface pro. Otherwise likely the iPhone.

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Desktop almost always. One at home, one at work. I have occasionally posted from my Droid, but not often.

walrus

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Desktop site on a laptop.

On one of the rare occasions when I used an Android phone to access LTG I was still able to view unread posts in a thread and post after reading so I will continue to attribute posting before reading the whole thread to behavior and not technology.

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
I use both because I travel so much.

Many of the issue are likely due to this be a pretty old version of software.

HeyMikey

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
iPhone mostly during the day and windows desktop at night if I am writing a lot or adding photos.

Cougar

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Desktop. Or laptop when on the road or at the Idaho hideaway....

hop880-2.jpg

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I lounge on my bed all the time. I built this kinda "hospital table" type arm that comes out and holds my monitor for my desktop computer. I've done this for years. I read a lot. Just forum, or Facebook, or for my general reading, because all my books are on Amazon on I have Kindle for PC. So this is my home right here, and right now. I've pulled up on my iPhone or iPad a few times because I'm waiting on an answer or something, but beyond that nope. It's my desktop at home.

I don't know of a "phone/pad" friendly version for this site, so it's awkward for me and difficult to view. But when I'm out I'm usually socializing so I don't worry about that. :peaceful:

DV-72 NT

Reaction score
Always on desktop - no less than a 19" monitor - CRT.
My old phone is dumber than me. :confused: come to think of it, that's not true.

Nuuska

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
90% Desktop - at home
7% Laptop - at lake
3% iPad - misc

GardMan

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Mostly laptop. Tablet (2nd hand Kindle fire) or android phone when traveling. I find the "mobile device" site very confining...