What do you think of taped bridges?

nielDa

Reaction score
If taping, I would use double-sided Scotch tape (thin tape), as opposed to double-sided masking tape or other types of thicker paper tape. (And definitely not foam tape.)

Quantum Strummer

Reaction score
Hey, Chasing...

Forgive the truly ignorant question, but looking at your strings going over the bridge.... Is that bridge too narrow? Shouldn't the strings go right over the middle of the saddle(s)? I guess it doesn't matter much, but I thought that was interesting.

That bridge is a bit narrow for the guitar's string spacing, but it doesn't matter. My ES-350T's TOM saddle slots are all in weird places 'cuz the string spacing is so narrow compared to other Gibsons (the neck doesn't get much wider from the nut down to the neck/body joint) but it all works out fine.

-Dave-

Reaction score
Well I took off the bridge and tape. They had used a pretty thick doubled sided rubbery tape across the entire bridge. Definitely was dampening the sound. I put the Bigsby back on and this time used two pieces of thin Scotch double sided tape. Way better in my opinion.

Luckily since the tape was like rubber or silicone it came off without any damage.

Reaction score
The Guildsby is back where it belongs... No more thick tape on the bridge!

Guild-b-09.jpg

Guild-b-08.jpg

parker_knoll

Reaction score
It is the stock bridge. I think what you are seeing is the iPhone camera angle.

Hey, Chasing...

Forgive the truly ignorant question, but looking at your strings going over the bridge.... Is that bridge too narrow? Shouldn't the strings go right over the middle of the saddle(s)? I guess it doesn't matter much, but I thought that was interesting.

Mine is the same. If you measure the width at the nut you may find it's the wider 1.75" which explains the wider spacing at the bridge