Did you ever think this Guild would be enshrined In a Museum?

D30Man

Reaction score
Guild Total
Seriously not taking anything away from the coolness of this guitar or the fact that it was in the music video that re-kindled Aerosmith's career.. It is an interesting piece no doubt..
My remarks are more based on a matter of opinion.. The opinion that if I were to pick a Guild to be museum-worthy it would not be this one.. Not because I feel like there is a Guild that has more of a historical significance in Rock history, but mainly because I don't feel this guitar represents the brand.. It wasn't even designed by Guild.. To me there is nothing particularly iconic about this guitar.. Again a matter of opinion..

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
LOL...ugly. come on Joe, what were you thinking...?

i do like their comeback story that being said. i heard Joe Perry was sleeping on a buddy's couch in RI when Aero Greatest Hits went out, and Tyler thought the movie Spinal Tap was a parody of the band. i have seen them several times when i was younger, great shows.

Last edited:

D30Man

Reaction score
Guild Total
Hey when I was a kid I had no idea who the hell Aerosmith was until the Walk This Way video.. I will tell you that I came away at that age with a deeper appreciation for Run DMC.. At that time in MTV's history there wasn't much in the way of black music represented on MTV.. A point the late David Bowie makes very boldly in an interview with MTV in the early 80's..

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Hey when I was a kid I had no idea who the hell Aerosmith was until the Walk This Way video..

I bet a lot of people first heard Aeosmith with that video. Permanent Vacation came out shortly thereafter, and that was a huge hit. I think I saw them at Boston Garden with Skid Row opening. Another time I saw them, Whitfield (the other guitar player not Joe Perry) totally played the early solo run in Dream On in a different key than the rest of the band. The other bandmates like did a quick look over at him, but like a true pro, he just kept on playing till they all came back together again LOL. He kind of shrugged his shoulders.