Thinking of selling my F55e

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
no problem. apology accepted but not necessary. i understand my moderation of fs/ft is a personal obsession and i may be the only person who cares about keeping it focused :)

That's what we want and expect from the business side , no playing around . 😁

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
heheheheheehehe

Orph?

Maybe I should have asked while you were drinking!!

You got my number, lets talk.

Huh I totally forgot about those models even I looked at them quite often . Lol

Hm not sure I saved it let me look .

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Looks like a Guild intervention is in the works..
That Orpheum sure sounds pretty..

Ray - In the end you have to be happy no doubt.. I wish you well in chasing what can seem really elusive sometimes.. Lord knows I have bought and sold many ( Guilds and otherwise ) for this cause.. OM's are fun no doubt and man I know that particular model of blueridge scratches a lot of itches... Glad it is treating you well.. If selling it is your decision I hope it sells quickly so you can get on with finding one that sings the song you want my man..

Thank you , Yeah the Blueridges have a something especially the high end models and definitely folks should check them out or just dive in .

It's weird I can handle the F212 better then the f55 lol and I need to get her back out also . I had some some good music wrote and I already forgot most of it .

Anyway for finger picking you can't beat Orchestras especially if they have good sonic range ( can I say it like that ?) Lol

I see you have Eastman's if I asked about them I forgot .

I'm still expecting my AC822ce fan fret but it keeps getting delayed . It has the 16" lower bout so I'm hoping it hits the mark . 😊

D30Man

Reaction score
Guild Total
Well I hope to see a NGD when the Eastman arrives.. Looking at the specs pretty impressive.. I hope it hits the mark..

Yeah though my Eastmans are mid ( E6D ) and low end ( PCH OM ).. They are frigging dynamite guitars though. That E6D has already turned quite a few heads.. I A/B'd the E6D with my D-35.. D-35 won by a very narrow margin.. Mainly bc it has that vintage tone.. Whereas the E6D has a more modern tone I suppose.. But my goodness does it sing..
If I am on a budget and I have to pick between Westerly Collection or Eastman probably going to be an Eastman..

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Well I hope to see a NGD when the Eastman arrives.. Looking at the specs pretty impressive.. I hope it hits the mark..

Yeah though my Eastmans are mid ( E6D ) and low end ( PCH OM ).. They are frigging dynamite guitars though. That E6D has already turned quite a few heads.. I A/B'd the E6D with my D-35.. D-35 won by a very narrow margin.. Mainly bc it has that vintage tone.. Whereas the E6D has a more modern tone I suppose.. But my goodness does it sing..
If I am on a budget and I have to pick between Westerly Collection or Eastman probably going to be an Eastman..

i had an Estman AC-720 dread years ago, rosewood b/s. big open sound. not sure why i sold it: https://youtu.be/-42-2YSgluo

example.

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Man that was nothing short of beautiful.. The guitar sounded muy excellente.. Thanks for sharing!

D30, engleman spruce top, indian rosewood back and sides, all solid woods. paid $500 for it used, really, no idea why i sold it. fortunately for me, my memory issues as i get older keep me from getting too bummed re letting guitars go in past :)

beecee

Reaction score
Ha I just googled an AC 720 after watching your video, (very nice...you and Rayk would make a great duet!)...they ain't $500 anymore...bummer

mike1100

Reaction score
Well honestly I don't play it . I'm so stuck on Orchestra's and there tone it's hard to switch up .

My main goal was just to have a few guitars like 3 or 4 but looking for the right tone is on going battle. lol

So to get another guitar in that constant search I have to let the others go .

I'm in a similar boat. I've limited my guitar collection down to 5 currently. Eventually, I want to get down to 4 (heresy, I know). It works for me, but I understand those that choose to have larger collections. I am at peace with the guitars that I have let go and I hope they are bringing joy to their current owners. I suggest you have a short session with each of your guitars and then a longer session with the one you are considering selling. Take your time and be at peace with your decision.

I'm currently contemplating getting rid of either an electric (as I play them a bit less these days), or part ways with a 2009 D50 BS (easier said than done). My D50BS is a wonderful guitar, but I have the "EIR / Spruce guitar tone" covered with another guitar (that was gifted to me). I also want to make room for a "hog" that, after 3 years of looking, I just couldn't walk away from.

This is totally the wrong time to sell anything and at the same time prices are to me crazy high , I thing thier smoking something.

If you can move one at a price that's fair, without a lot of hassle, then I'd say now IS the time to sell. Best of luck!

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Ha I just googled an AC 720 after watching your video, (very nice...you and Rayk would make a great duet!)...they ain't $500 anymore...bummer

yeah, i can imagine. it was in great shape too. oh the guitars we let go over time...:)

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I also want to make room for a "hog" that, after 3 years of looking, I just couldn't walk away from.

If you can move one at a price that's fair, without a lot of hassle, then I'd say now IS the time to sell. Best of luck!

hey mike, what is this hog guitar you been looking for and have found?

mike1100

Reaction score
hey mike, what is this hog guitar you been looking for and have found?

Hey Wood - I'd rather not say just yet, but if life calms down (and it hasn't sold) I hope to share. My son was with me when I tried this one. He turned his back, as I played the one I was evaluating, along with 3 other hog guitars. They were all fine guitars, but this one stood out to both his ears (in a blind test) and mine. I don't believe it has anything to do with the make or model, it's just this guitar. We'll see. It still has to impress me the 2nd time. Now if things will just settle down a bit.

Yesterday my oldest was driving my car and got t-boned by an elderly lady that probably needs to retire from driving. All is well though, as both my son and the poor lady are fine. Hey look, I have more gray hair today!

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score

Thanks , they shes out bound , 2 weeks out from Port then X amount of time for Final QC another week shipping it to my dealer for another check and setup then out to me unless the the ship sinks . Lol

I'll post a new NGD

i had an Estman AC-720 dread years ago, rosewood b/s. big open sound. not sure why i sold it: https://youtu.be/-42-2YSgluo

example.

That was very nice , guitar sounded good to. 😊

Thank you sir.
Yeah I think my prices are fair and info is fully informed.
As the song says , Summer time and live'ns easy . Lol

Most folks are spending on Vaca and outdoor fun . I've had plenty of watchers on my reverb ad but no offers so I took one down . The F30 is up but I need to remove the offer option on that one even though no one tried . Lol

No regrets on selling anything since my adventure started . I fully expected to rotate the guitars as I play them get feel for it then move on . I can pretty much remember ones I like and those that are just average . When my journey is done or I give up I can always go back to guitars I liked and bring them home , Slowly of coarse . Lol

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Yesterday my oldest was driving my car and got t-boned by an elderly lady that probably needs to retire from driving. All is well though, as both my son and the poor lady are fine. Hey look, I have more gray hair today!

oh sorry to hear Mike, glad your boy is fine and the old lady. you can always borrow my D25 Br if you want. I hardly ever play it.
sorry Frono re the veer.

back to the F55e for Rayk.

Last edited:

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
back to the F55e for Rayk.

The F55e thread is dying fast lol
And I hope beecee is ok . I interrupted a meeting and I think he was Sacked because I haven't heard back so I hope the people that sacked beecee got sacked and he's not being violated by the moose.