Saw The Who Last Night

crank

Reaction score
In NYC at MSG.

Simon Townsend played a Guild 12 string acoustic on 2 songs. I think it was 1512.

They were really, really good and Pete still has the best right and in rock.

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
We saw them a couple months ago, and Daltrey still has the vocal pipes working too.

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total

crank

Reaction score
Not a 512... had a chesterfield and not a G-shield. I looked up Simon Townsend's guitars on google and the 1512 came up. Kind of surprised me.

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Not a 512... had a chesterfield and not a G-shield. I looked up Simon Townsend's guitars on google and the 1512 came up. Kind of surprised me.
If it’s that Equipboard page, I’m dubious. The one newer pic looks like a black overlay, and the other pic shows him with hair, which he hasn’t had for years. Those are visitor submitted responses, so no real oversight.
Maybe not a 512, but I don’t think it’s an import. Possibly an F-212(XL?).

D30Man

Reaction score
Guild Total
Who? :)

I heard that when they are not on stage they really don't even talk to each other.. Kind of sad if its true.. But I get it.. being in a band together for 50 plus years might wear you out a bit.. Probably not much to say that isn't said by attorneys when the stage lights aren't on..

Quantum Strummer

Reaction score
Pete & Roger have never been friends…but my understanding is they get along quite well these days. Part of that involves each not getting up the other's nose. :) Keep it professional and all goes well. For example, Pete lets Roger work up the setlists and take the lead on most other touring details. Pete just shows up & plays guitar. In recording the upcoming Who album Pete did all the detail work, while Roger showed up in the studio & sang.

-Dave-

D30Man

Reaction score
Guild Total
Pete & Roger have never been friends…but my understanding is they get along quite well these days. Part of that involves each not getting up the other's nose. :) Keep it professional and all goes well. For example, Pete lets Roger work up the setlists and take the lead on most other touring details. Pete just shows up & plays guitar. In recording the upcoming Who album Pete did all the detail work, while Roger showed up in the studio & sang.

-Dave-

Very well.. They know their parts and they play them.. Man if most marriages could have that agreement there would likely be fewer divorces..

crank

Reaction score
Part of the show was just Roger and Pete, Pete playing his Gibson Dove. They played Won't Get Fooled Again this way and sounded great together.

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Pete’s likened it to being brothers. You don’t always get along, but there’s a bond there that’s forever.

Brucebubs

Reaction score
Part of the show was just Roger and Pete, Pete playing his Gibson Dove. They played Won't Get Fooled Again this way and sounded great together.

Dove? He usually plays an SJ-200 - Gibson even made a Pete Townshend SJ-200 Signature model and Pete hand signed the first 50 labels.

Last edited:

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Saw them at the Pontiac Silverdome in '75 right after I got out of the Navy...biggest rock indoor concert ever at that time, 80,000+ people. Keith Moon was still drumming.