Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Loved them back in the day. 😁

richardp69

Enlightened Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I was living in Wisconsin at the time but I think those boys were from Michigan. We played this song back in the day and it was always well received. "We're An American Band" was another really nice song.

The Guilds of Grot

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
My band plays it! Here is some audio from 2014. I'm singing lead (slightly off key at times) and playing bass at the same time!

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Mark Farner still lives up North in Michigan, and he plays a Guild DV-52. I know this because I talked to him on a radio call-in show one day, I asked "Do you still play a Guild?" (He had done a couple in-studio songs live earlier in the program.) He said "You've got a good ear my friend; I'm playing my Guild DV-52 here today." I said "Hey, I have one of those too!

Last edited:

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
He's stlil rockin' - here he is in March of this year doing "I'm Your Captain" on a LA TV show:

walrus

Mark WW

Reaction score
When I was over in Guam/Thailand I heard them for the first time on a record. I thought they were a bubble gum band but I did like these songs and their version of Gimme Shelter. Sounds pretty good. Band relationships can be mighty tough. ONe of the reasons I gave it all up for solo gigs at the ripe old age of 20.

D30Man

Reaction score
Guild Total
Amen.. I am pretty much exclusively solo on the gig these days except for a fiddleplayer who is a really good dude and knows how to roll with my shenanigans.. He has like two other bands but he always tries to make it work for me because I treat him with absolute respect and split whatever I make with him..

Charlie Bernstein

Reaction score
Good rock tune!

Used to usher in a concert hall in '69 and '70. The two acts we broke up the most fights and threw out the most puking stumblers for were Grand Funk (no surprise) and Van Morrison (surprise!).

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Old hippie version of this song: "I'm your Grampa, I'm your Grampa..."