Guild '61 X350 from Graham Nash

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Funny story. I contacted Charlie's agent once, for a hypothetical LMG factory tour. I figured that, since I was pretty flush at the time, I could spring for a gig. For one performance, he wanted $2000, plus hotel rooms for the three of them, plus a per diem. Dude, you may be big in Europe, but nobody knows who you are here.

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
I half jokingly told my wife once that I wanted the Brian Setzer Orchestra to play at my 50th birthday. I think it started at $50k. Granted there was 13 or so of them in the band, but suffice to say the answer was no.

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
I hate reality for those very reasons.
He occasionally comes to one bar near me, eats, drinks a couple of beers and reads the paper. They all know who he is and treat him like just another local guy.

Last edited:

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
The 54 Strat is something! But why the heck is an amp in the video and he just strums them acousticly ? I don't get that.

Ralf

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Anyway, Charlie Gracie likes his Guilds. And he once said: "I'm still little Charlie Gracie from South Philly who sings and plays the guitar." That's cool enough for me. And cool Steve sees him in his neighborhood from time to time.

Ralf

Last edited:

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Actually, I was unclear, as always. It is Brian Setzer that hangs out. I don't spend much time in that area, especially during work hours, so I haven't run into him. I probably wouldn't recognize him in civilian clothes anyway.

Guildadelphia

Reaction score
I've seen Charlie's 50's 'burst up close and it's in beautiful shape for a guitar of that vintage. Charlie is a really nice guy by the way and can still pick a mean guitar.