Two bad impressions / One clip

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Sounding fine on that F55 and I thought it was really Willie for a few seconds. I liked it and loved those licks you were finger picking.

sailingshoes72

Reaction score
Great singing and some fine guitar playing, too! And, I enjoyed the next song in the collection, the instrumental “Not to Far”.

D30Man

Reaction score
Guild Total
Thanks gents!!! Much appreciated!! I am going to record some more stuff on the F-55 in the coming days and will share..

Sailing - Not too far was recorded on my D-35.. glad you liked it!

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Great impression of Willie! Too bad he can't sing like that any more, now he more or less just recites the lyrics. He was supposed to be here with Alison Krause last month but he cancelled because of breathing problems, guess I'll see if I can find out more about it.

2nd song, let's just say I'm not a big fan of Neil Young, so I'm not the right person to critique that one.

richardp69

Enlightened Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I'm a huge fan of N. Young so let me pick up the slack there. These were two really well done clips. I really liked the playing and man, on "All Of Me" you sounded just like Willie did back in the day. Nice job, really nice job!!!

Guildedagain

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
It's like Willie before the last ten lbs of weed he smoked ;)

Something that never gets old is "that" song...

Guild on ;)

Last edited:

D30Man

Reaction score
Guild Total
Dread - Thanks man! Yeah Willie hasn’t really sang for years now.. Still plays though.. glad you liked it!

Rich - Much appreciated sir! Yeah it is really hard to beat 80’s Willie doing those old standards.. just good stuff that really suited his unique voice at the time.

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Yeah Willie still plays the daylights out of that old guitar!

D30Man

Reaction score
Guild Total
Yeah Willie still plays the daylights out of that old guitar!

Yeah he bought trigger because as fate would have it someone stepped on his Guild at a bar.. he picked out trigger bc it reminded him of his guitar hero ( and mine too ) Django Reinhardt.. given his solo style and guitar phrasing I always kind of wondered what it would sound like if someone put a true gypsy jazz box in Willie’s hands.. probably sound pretty cool..

HeyMikey

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Those were great! You have a terrific voice and ear. Really good control. Did you have vocal training? You captured a lot of their style nuances beautifully.

D30Man

Reaction score
Guild Total
Those were great! You have a terrific voice and ear. Really good control. Did you have vocal training? You captured a lot of their style nuances beautifully.

Thanks HM! No vocal training just a big fan with a couple of half a** party tricks. I like to think I have a pretty good ear. Thanks for the kind words!!

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Thanks HM! No vocal training just a big fan with a couple of half a** party tricks. I like to think I have a pretty good ear. Thanks for the kind words!!
You may not have had professional training but I have paid good money to hear singers who worked harder and paid more for "fancy dancy" equipment to camouflage their, not as smooth as yours, voices.
I have an old friend like you-not one bit of professional training-but is better than half the singers in Nashville.
I don't know how to do all the technical stuff but if you want to hear him just Google "Larry Sullivan American Trilogy" - somebody helped him make this you tube video and his voice is amazing -- to me.
You got it going on with your voice and guitar.

F312

Reaction score
Gosh dern, you sounds like a young Willie.

Ralph