F-412 truss nut(s) size?

Brucebubs

Reaction score
Quick question from the metric land down under ... what size are the dual truss rod nuts on my 2002 Corona era F-412?

PP7sodYm.jpg

Last edited:

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
All of my Corona Guilds have a 1/4" nut on the Truss Rod Brucebubs. Just about any 1/4" deep well socket should give you the length you need for a small drive ratchet to clear the headstock without knocking the ratchet head against it. Just to be on the safe side though I use a 4" Long extension on the deep well socket just for extra clearance. If you are going to buy a specific socket dedicated only to your Guilds it couldn't hurt to try and find a Deepwell "Thin wall" socket to avoid any binding up on the truss rod cavity wall of the headstock but this is not a necessity on every guitar.

EDIT: I have run into Truss Rod nuts that have been replaced with 5/16" size nuts over the years but those have been few and far between. Couldn't hurt to buy a 5/16" Deepwell socket as well when you are buying the 1/4" version to have just in case.

Hope this Helps!

TX

Last edited:

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
TX:
Can one assume the 1/4" is the course 20 tpi or could it be the fine 28 tpi?
And same with 5/16 - the course 18 tpi or fine 24 tpi?
In the machine work I do, 95% is course thread. Just a thought. And always enjoy your comments.

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
TX:
Can one assume the 1/4" is the course 20 tpi or could it be the fine 28 tpi?
And same with 5/16 - the course 18 tpi or fine 24 tpi?
In the machine work I do, 95% is course thread. Just a thought. And always enjoy your comments.

I'm not sure about the Thread count per inch Stuball as I would have to remove the truss rod cover off of one of my Guilds to know for sure. I was under the impression Bruce was just needing a socket size for adjustments. If he needs a replacement nut for the truss rods I would contact Hans to make absolutely sure I got the right ones.

TX