Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Awesome! That's they way to do it.

5thumbs

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
The slideshow accompanying Lisa's "Pack Up Your Sorrows" is amazing! People who can do this kind of work astound me.

D30Man

Reaction score
Guild Total
The slideshow accompanying Lisa's "Pack Up Your Sorrows" is amazing! People who can do this kind of work astound me.

Same here.. Nice work all in all.. I might have been al little hesitant to re-create the headstock veneer.. In other words there were a few mojo-related items that could have been left in place I think.. But I like a worn out looking guitar.. Just do..

Guildedagain

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that was a very nice thread then. I learned a few things there.

Sounds like she keeps playing it in the next song, fantastic.

Last edited:

sailingshoes72

Reaction score
Sounds like she keeps playing it in the next song, fantastic.

I remember this story from the thread a few years ago. But I don’t think that I watched the music video. I enjoyed that. The next two videos are instrumentals, and you can really hear that Guild 12-string ring out. Plus, a nice photo of Judy Collins and Pete Seeger!

Guildedagain

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
You're right, the song after that, the third song is just a magic showcase of what a good Guild 12er sounds like.

After that it's Bossa Nova, wow...

algionfriddo

Reaction score
Fun story and GREAT restoration effort!
I have a 1979 Guild F212XL NT (Mahogany back & sides). It is in great condition other than a modest belly bulge. Still has low action though & plays easily, but man, it is a BIG guitar. Beautiful chime sound, really booms... can take a full pounding (think Locomotive Breath) & never bottoms out. I put in a K&K Pure Mini and run it through a Zoom A3 preamp. Just wonderful clear acoustic sound. I usually keep it a full step down (to keep the pressure off the top) & use a Shubb capo (other capos just couldn't do the job), but I tune up to concert when the family comes over. You would never guess it is 40 years old. Bought it used in the early 80's. Looks exactly like the Judy Collins guitar shown in the thread (but Mahogany). Guild Westerly built 12's are just fantastic. I've never heard a better sounding 12. Love Guild 12's. My son will get it some day.

D30Man

Reaction score
Guild Total
Sounds like a real winner of a 12 algionfriddo!!! I in truth have never played a US made Guild12. Only the new WC 12’s. They just don’t pop up around here.

sailingshoes72

Reaction score
Same here.. Nice work all in all.. I might have been al little hesitant to re-create the headstock veneer.. In other words there were a few mojo-related items that could have been left in place I think.. But I like a worn out looking guitar.. Just do..

I agree! I like vintage guitars with a little mojo, and that soundboard has mojo to spare. But, the plastic they used on the headstock veneer often shrinks and just looks cheap and tacky. It appears that he used a sheet of ebony for the replacement veneer. That’s an upgrade and looks beautiful!

Last edited: