Guild Guitar Catalogs, Price Lists, Ads, Flyers, and More!

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
I'm done. Well, it's never done, but I'm seriously tired of looking at it all, so here's the official release of the following pages:

Guild Guitar Catalogs
Guild Guitar Price Lists
Guild Ads, Flyers, etc.

Here's the announcement: https://www.gad.net/Blog/2019/08/28/gads-guild-catalogs-price-lists-ads-flyers/

I'm gonna go take a nap. Or maybe a vacation.

GuildGuitarCatalogSpread2-640x360.jpg

Guild-Guitar-Price-Lists-640x360.jpg

GuildAdsSheetsFlyers-640x360.jpg

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
It's curious that the '76 Acoustic catalog shows the D-25 as a flat back w/ hog top even though by '76 they had been all arch backs w/ spruce tops for a couple years already...

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
It's curious that the '76 Acoustic catalog shows the D-25 as a flat back w/ hog top even though by '76 they had been all arch backs w/ spruce tops for a couple years already...

Dates on catalogs may be wrong. If I can get proof of the year I'll change them.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Yeah I noticed that recently, too, think Gary was previewing some of the upcoming tidbits, or else it was on somebody else's page, GGJaguar's, maybe?
"Anachronistic picture content" has been mentioned by Hans before (not those exact words, but simply the issue of catalog pics not always being accurate for their date).
Suspect somebody was simply focused on coloration to match the description of the D25M "all mahogany finish".
The '96 catalog shows a pic of a 25th Anniversary D25, (headstock logo's the giveaway) which was 3 years old at the time.
As everybody knows you can get a hell of a lot of mileage out of a D25, or apparently even just a pic of one.

Last edited:

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
There lots of examples of the same photo being used across many years in the catalogs. I talk about that in my X160 Rockabilly review.

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
And the picture on my D-25M owners manual is the same blue/yellow one on the cover of the '76 catalog. Not sure how long they used that picture.

BTW Gary, thanks for posting, I will be visiting and browsing often.

Last edited:

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
The link to the Flyers seems to have been broken by some ham-fisted idiot <cough>. It's better now.

beecee

Reaction score
wow.....Thank you!

Looks like a bit of a rainy Labor Day weekend up here...I know what I'll be doing!!!!!

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Really? That's what you're opening with? :highly_amused:

It's just jealousy. Actually, I learned something new. The transformerless amps that Guild built before they instituted the "-J" series of amps were called the 66-B and 99-B. Adds to the book data, for when I get to it.

Last edited:

Bonneville88

Reaction score
Guild Total
Nothing less than EPIC in all aspects Gary - to have these resources organized in one place with
such great color, clarity and resolution is just awesome! Thank you!
And I learned something this morning - didn't realize the Songbird was considered part of the Nightbird family.

12 string

Reaction score
Guild Total
How great to have all this at the fingertips!

' Strang

awagner

Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Are there any catalogues known to feature the DV7x, JV72 and GV72 models? Would love to see that. It is interesting that the price lists describe the DV73 but not the DV72, a much less uncommon model.