St302

DaveGoodrich

Reaction score
As an owner of a ST303 of similar vintage, I love seeing such a great example, and especially love the "natural" finish. I have to admit, I am a little disappointed in the price.

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Whelp, after weeks of radio silence from the seller I escalated to Reverb and today got a refund.

I'm bummed because I really wanted that guitar. :chargrined:

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
B%&@ard! And I had dibs on that after you!
I say we get a raiding party together and go after him.

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
That sucks - although not the refund. One wonders where the guitar ended up...

walrus

richardp69

Enlightened Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
That truly blows! I really like the look of the one in the pic you posted. Looks really nice. You seldom see these out there. I have the Studio 402 in a SB which is nice but I've gotta admit, I like the looks of this one better. The guy I bought it from said it was a 60's as well but Hans told me it's an early 70's.

richardp69

Enlightened Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
And yes, that was a killer price. I paid over double that for mine. I likely overpaid, and I knew it at the time, but I think the $900 or whatever, was seriously underpriced and it would have been a reall fantastic deal for you if the seller hadn't "disappeared".

parker_knoll

Reaction score
Travel to where? The seller stopped communicating entirely.

i wonder if he'd got the willies about packing and shipping it but might be more amenable if you were coming to collect.

I once sold an amp and 4x12 cabinet to a guy in Finland but ended up refunded him after the size of the packing task became clear. However, big difference between a 4x12 and a guitar, obviously.

See if it reappears in a month or two at a higher price. We will keep an eye out on other outlets

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
i wonder if he'd got the willies about packing and shipping it but might be more amenable if you were coming to collect.

I once sold an amp and 4x12 cabinet to a guy in Finland but ended up refunded him after the size of the packing task became clear. However, big difference between a 4x12 and a guitar, obviously.

See if it reappears in a month or two at a higher price. We will keep an eye out on other outlets

I told him I'd be happy to go get it. Didn't matter.

parker_knoll

Reaction score
You could leave some ambiguous feedback on Reverb - "disappointed that we were not able to complete this transaction" etc. I say ambiguous because straightforward negative just attracts revenge feedback on that platform, unlike ebay.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
He has another guitar listed. I sent a message asking to see a pic of the back. I’ll let you know if he responds.
Yeah I saw that while trying to get a handle on whether he's been active since the ST302 was taken down, before I commented.
Comment was only half intended in humor, 'cause ya just never know.
Even though I got no dog in the hunt you're right, interested parties might find the info useful.

I do think it's been stripped, though, because there're no gloss highlights in the photos and shadows in the pores make 'em look like they've never been filled.
Might have been stripped and resprayed with just a real thin coat, never buffed?
Just don't recall ever seeing one look like that.
Even wonder about the "Nat" designation; I'd expect it to be lighter even if it IS 'hog but if it's the residue of original stain maybe that's actually what they did for that finish color that year?

Nuuska

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
... I once sold an amp and 4x12 cabinet to a guy in Finland but ended up refunded him after the size of the packing task became clear. . . .

Would it be possible to reveal who it was? We have small circles here - might be someone I know . . .

I have bought a Studer floor standing mixing console from Canada and a Servodrive bass cabinet from US. In both cases transport cost was hefty, but I was aware of it and all ended fine.

parker_knoll

Reaction score
Would it be possible to reveal who it was? We have small circles here - might be someone I know . . .

I have bought a Studer floor standing mixing console from Canada and a Servodrive bass cabinet from US. In both cases transport cost was hefty, but I was aware of it and all ended fine.

Luckily I can't remember:)

It wasn't the cost, it was the effort and time of packing, finding an appropriate box, trying to make it survive the trip.

JohnW63

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I sent a message on the ended listing asking if it sold or he decided to keep it. Wonder if I will hear back ?