F-1512E question...be nice please

Reaction score
Hi,

I really like this price-point guitar, if you can call it that for a grand. But I'm put off by the non-endpin battery access/input jack on the bottom of the guitar. Do they all come that way now?

Also, are those all two-piece necks, or I should say a joint at the headstock? I've seen some pics where, if it is, you sure can't tell. Others you certainly can.

I just assume put my favored pickup system in that guitar, I wonder if an Anthem or K&K (with the soundhole preamp) can be modified to use that dumb battery/input jack location.

It's really not a bad guitar, and I was REALLY surprised by an F-2515 which is the old XL-size, but with lam maple sides n back. The 2515 played truly fantastic right out of the box, rare for me.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Is there a specific guitar you're referring to? A link or something or is this just a general question? Why would anyone be unkind? If you found one you like at a decent price point for you, then buy it. You can always change the pickup at a later date. Or immediately if you so choose......

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
G1182237-detail4-large.jpg

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Also, are those all two-piece necks, or I should say a joint at the headstock? I've seen some pics where, if it is, you sure can't tell. Others you certainly can.
I looked at some pictures, it seems to be a neck made from 3 pieces, the main neck, a spliced headstock and a spliced tailpiece. I see two truss rod holes inside the soundhole, so a double truss rod.
Ralf

Reaction score
I want to know if they made a version of the F-1512E with an endpin jack, perhaps initially...or if they ALWAYS came with the off-center battery access/jack installation. Since they've been around awhile.

Reaction score
Changing the pickup, which I will do, becomes way easier if it's a straight swap-out with a simple endpin jack. Yes, I can just leave the dumb battery pack thing in place and drill for the new pickup's jack. But I dislike the unsightly, and slightly old, trend of messing with the sides of the guitar for the electronics. I have no problem with changing a battery inside a velcro soft-pack inside the guitar. And those are FAR less prone to problems than the plastic battery packs, I'm done with them.

So if there was an earlier version of the F1512E with an endpin jack I'd seek one out.

HeyMikey

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
If you don't find one you can always get the 1512 non-E version and add your own end-pin jack.