Finally started inventorying Scott's stuff

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
You may remember my friend Scott passed away about 1 1/2 years ago from cancer. His wife has finally gotten to the point of allowing me and a friend to help her take inventory of all Scott's stuff. You might say he was a bit of a hoarder, but he was very organized - all the mics were in bags, all the cables have Velcro wraps, etc etc. We spent all day there today and we didn't even get started on his 27 left-handed guitars. More on those later, including some Guilds.

I have 6 pages of inventory, from cables to tuners, a bunch of nice amplifiers, mixing boards, 40+ mics, misc. hardware, speakers, floor monitors, snakes, 3 PedalTrains with 16 pedals, various other stomp boxes, direct boxes, 80 sets of strings, 16 guitar straps, patch cables, big box full of guitar repair parts and tools (tuners, saddles, pegs, etc.) on and on. We were there all day and got most of it inventoried. I'm putting it on a spreadsheet for her so she can see it all in one place. I told her I would help her sell some of it because she'll get hosed by consignment on some of this stuff. I'll let you folks know when I know what I can sell. Because of CITES, etc, she wants to sell the guitars in the US only. More later.

Guildedagain

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
He who dies with the most toys ;)

Even tho I'm left handed, a left handed guitar is like a alien creature to me, confusing... so I'm in the l clear on those. Pretty sure I just bought my last guitar?

But I didn't say anything about related goodies ;)

Last edited:

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
That’s a good thing you’re doing! Do let us know.

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
It's a good thing you are doing dread!
I do know three left handed guitarists, so I will put out the word when you are ready.

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
That is a Great thing you are doing Dread. I'm sure lots of folks would be interested in some of the amps but alas they are probably all left handed models.:friendly_wink:

TX

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Of course I get first dibs on buying stuff. I don't need any more heavy amps, so I probably won't be buying one of those but there are several other items I'm interested in. Once we research the prices I'll have a better idea of how we're going to move it.

D30Man

Reaction score
Guild Total
He who dies with the most toys ;)

Even tho I'm left handed, a left handed guitar is like a alien creature to me, confusing... so I'm in the l clear on those. Pretty sure I just bought my last guitar?

But I didn't say anything about related goodies ;)

Same goes for me. Lefty who plays right..

Dread - Really cool you're doing this.. This is a huge help to her I am sure.. Though I am likely not your guy for the guitars I look forward to seeing what is on the list!

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
one item I am personally overseeing is a custom built lefty Langejans cutaway acoustic guitar; walnut extra deep body and spruce top, deluxe accoutrements. Del Langejans is retired now, but his guitars are highly sought after.

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwju6r7ko5LkAhUQUa0KHfcCDTgQFjABegQIAhAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.langejansguitars.com%2Faboutdel.htm&usg=AOvVaw3_mDfWY_HO9wgYyy1glXeZ[/FONT]

D30Man

Reaction score
Guild Total
one item I am personally overseeing is a custom built lefty Langejans cutaway acoustic guitar; walnut extra deep body and spruce top, deluxe accoutrements. Del Langejans is retired now, but his guitars are highly sought after.

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwju6r7ko5LkAhUQUa0KHfcCDTgQFjABegQIAhAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.langejansguitars.com%2Faboutdel.htm&usg=AOvVaw3_mDfWY_HO9wgYyy1glXeZ[/FONT]

Nice... Hope it fetches a ton!

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
3 pedal trains -35 pedals - 9 amps - 30 various mics - 80 sets of new strings - tuners - etc., etc. 50-60 cables, 1/4" and XLR in various lengths, all nicely wrapped and velcroed, snakes, speakers, monitors...

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
3 pedal trains -35 pedals - 9 amps - 30 various mics - 80 sets of new strings - tuners - etc., etc. 50-60 cables, 1/4" and XLR in various lengths, all nicely wrapped and velcroed, snakes, speakers, monitors...
And a box truck to carry them in?
c5cb85efa62e49a6b0c48143087b39e5.png

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
if u have 27 high end left-handed guitars u may want to reach out to Doyle Bramhall II somehow. He is Claptons guitar player, and just played an entire Derek and the dominoes set last night at Lockn Festival w Tedeski Trucks Band and Trey Anastasio. he strings them right handed, but plays it upside down, so he plays lefty guitars.

jp

Reaction score
Guild Total
Good for you, dread - I know that this can be a painful and ponderous task.

Your buddy is lucky to have a friend like you! :C)