Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NED - New Eastman Day

NED - New Eastman Day

Sorry beating you to punch Ray :) Though yours is for more interesting!

Soooooo yesterday I went to Morrison Guitars located here in lovely Rockwall, TX.. Great little shop owned by father and son Brett and Mitchell Morrison.. Mitchell runs the joint and is a hell of a luthier.. He has worked on all of my Guitars and always does a great job.. He has installed pick ups in my F-55 and my D-35. Pickups he designed and built himself. Also when I built my Daredevil themed strat he set it up and straightened out when I was done.. He is a also an excellent builder of acoustics and electrics.. If you are ever in the greater Rockwall area this shop is worth checking out..

That said I was plucking around on the decent selection of Eastman guitars they carry and decided to take not 1 but 2 home with me... Yes I bought 2 at once.. That is a first for me..

So I picked up an E6D Dreadnaught with a beautiful burst sitka spruce top, gorgeous solid hog back and sides, and a lovely tortoise binding around the body.. very similar to some of the norlin era Gibsons.. except I am sure this one will stay in tact :) This thing is dynamic with balanced highs and lows and projects beautifully.. I did a shoot out with an all hog Collings in the store and this one won.. Not like I was going to thrown the $4600 on the Collings or anything.. Instead grabbed this one for a cool $800 with probably the nicest Eastman case I have ever seen..

The other is one that will make a wonderful campfire guitar and has a pretty nice voice in its own right.. It is an Eastman PCH ( pacific coast highway ) OM.. This is Eastman's budget line and it is a great value.. It boasts a stained solid spruce top with lam back and sides.. Great little $260 guitar.. Mitch threw in a nice Eastman bag.. It has excellent volume and and is super light weight.. Great for travel and camping as I said.. It will fit that bill nicely..

Extended Family:
    '18 Guild F55 Jumbo ( Oxnard )
    '78 Guild D35 SB ( Westerly )
    '77 Guild S300 Natural ( Westerly )
    '19 Eastman E6D Sunburst ( MIC )
    '19 Eastman PCH1 OM CLA ( MIC )
    '89 Strat MIJ Projectcaster Marvel's Daredevil "Devilcaster" w/ Might Mite Maple neck & '91 Fender American P/U's
    '17 LTD EC-401QM Frankenpaul ( originally found in 3 pieces in a Guitar Center dumpster )
    Crate Palomino V32 US Made Class A tube amp

And please forgive the sub par pics!!! My house is very dim and it is just to damn hot outside :)
    Extended Family:
    '89 Strat MIJ Projectcaster Marvel's Daredevil "Devilcaster" w/ Might Mite Maple neck & '91 Fender American P/U's
    '17 LTD EC-401QM Frankenpaul ( originally found in 3 pieces in a Guitar Center dumpster )

Quote Originally Posted by D30Man View Post
    ...decided to take not 1 but 2 home with me...
    Haha! That's the way to do it! Well done!
    2011 Guild F50R Sunburst
    2002 Guild JF30-12 Sunburst
    1991 Guild JF30-12 Ltd. Ed. Wood Grain Blue
    2018 Gibson Ltd. Ed. Songwriter Deluxe 12-string
    2015 Martin GPC12PA4 12-string

1972 Epiphone FT-160 12-string
    2012 Epiphone Dot CH

2010 Epiphone Les Paul Standard trans amber 

2013 Yamaha Motif XS7

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar View Post
    Haha! That's the way to do it! Well done!
    Thanks! Yeah it mainly felt really good supporting my local privately owned guitar shop.. And the guitars are pretty awesome :)
    Extended Family:

Now that was an example of an enthusiastic customer!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark WW View Post
    Now that was an example of an enthusiastic customer!
    Yeah they saw me coming.. And usually I am a much more conservative buyer.. Oh well.. I felt like spending my money at a local shop that has taken good care of me and my guitars over the past few years.. I have brought my guitars in there for quick adjustments and they wouldn't charge me anything for it.. Felt like it was a way I could pay them back and I got two stellar guitars out of the deal.. I have always been a fan of Eastman.. I wouldn't consider them your typical MIC guitar.. They are handcrafted in a workshop instead of a sweat shop and they put a lot of care into these.
    Extended Family:

that dread looks really great. i am not surprised it won out over the all hog Collings but imho, that is probably a spruce vs hot top projection thing. hog tops are super subdued in projection, spruce not.

Quote Originally Posted by D30Man View Post
    Yeah they saw me coming.. And usually I am a much more conservative buyer.. Oh well.. I felt like spending my money at a local shop that has taken good care of me and my guitars over the past few years.. I have brought my guitars in there for quick adjustments and they wouldn't charge me anything for it.. Felt like it was a way I could pay them back and I got two stellar guitars out of the deal.. I have always been a fan of Eastman.. I wouldn't consider them your typical MIC guitar.. They are handcrafted in a workshop instead of a sweat shop and they put a lot of care into these.
    The only music stores we have that carry any guitars in O-Town are Guitar Center and Sam Ash. I ordered my Eastman Electric sight unseen on line so I get your enthusiasm.

Quote Originally Posted by Westerly Wood View Post
    that dread looks really great. i am not surprised it won out over the all hog Collings but imho, that is probably a spruce vs hot top projection thing. hog tops are super subdued in projection,
    We can fix that.
    We have the technology.

Al
    "Time May Change the Technique of Music But Never Its Mission " - Rachmaninoff
    My 1st Guild: '96 Westerly D25NT "Hally" (10-31-96 stamped on heelblock)
    #2: '01 Westerly F65ce "Blondie"
    #3: '03 Corona D40e Richie Havens "Richie"
    All bought new!

that is what my Br needs Al. probably get that on ebay...