Over a million bucks worth of marijuana...

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
...was sold at the Outside Lands Festival last weekend.
https://www.sfgate.com/entertainmen...Grass-Lands-total-marijuana-sold-14304264.php
"Where there's a music festival, there's bound to be marijuana, but this year's Outside Lands marked the first time attendees could purchase and consume cannabis products on-site at a sanctioned area dubbed Grass Lands (ICYMI, hella pics in the slideshow above). And purchase they did, to the tune of seven figures."

Said festival goer Suzy Creamcheese: "Ohmygod, I am like, s-o-o-o-o baked...."
1024x1024.jpg

Boyfriend Zach Anthrax, having logged 77 consecutive hours of sobriety when interviewed, was equally befuddled: "I....uhhh....."
john.white.mug.shot.jpg

In related news festival organizers reported finding over 300 credit cards and IDs during the post-festival cleanup plus an additional 73 wallets and purses and 74 keys and 25 cell phones.
https://www.sfgate.com/entertainmen...-lost-their-IDs-and-credit-cards-14304716.php

gjmalcyon

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
As well as 47,238 empty jumbo Doritos bags. And two sour cream Pringles cans.

Doritos:
Breakfast of Stoners!

Hey, speaking of munchies, anybody seen the Food That Built America series on the History Channel?
Pretty interesting stuff for something as mundane as the food we all took for granted growing up.
The Heinz story surprised me:
First electric-powered factory in the US.
Kellogg's cereal would have never been marketed if it had been up to its inventor.
Coca-Cola was raided by the Feds after the passage of the Pure Food & Drug Act not because it contained cocaine; but because they'd taken it out of the recipe and therefore the product name failed the truth-in-advertising clause.
Further damnation was rendered on the brand because it contained caffeine which was actually seen as a more dangerous drug at the time!

Last edited:

Grassdog

Reaction score
Do our Guilds sound better when baked? I vote yes! Unfortunately there's a tendency for technique to suffer.

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Do our Guilds sound better when baked? I vote yes! Unfortunately there's a tendency for technique to suffer.

I agree. But perhaps not for everyone....

In the prologue to David Crosby’s autobiography, Long Time Gone, Crosby, when asked by a student if he was ever stoned onstage, he replied, “The answer to that is that never once, until I got out of prison, did I ever record, perform, or do anything any way except stoned. I did it all stoned.”

walrus

FNG

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Doritos:
Breakfast of Stoners!

Hey, speaking of munchies, anybody seen the Food That Built America series on the History Channel?
Pretty interesting stuff for something as mundane as the food we all took for granted growing up.
The Heinz story surprised me:
First electric-powered factory in the US.
Kellogg's cereal would have never been marketed if it had been up to its inventor.
Coca-Cola was raided by the Feds after the passage of the Pure Food & Drug Act not because it contained cocaine; but because they'd taken it out of the recipe and therefore the product name failed the truth-in-advertising clause.
Further damnation was rendered on the brand because it contained caffeine which was actually seen as a more dangerous drug at the time!

I watched that show, very interesting.

Never ceases to amuse and anger me when people rail about how dangerous our food supply is today.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
I watched that show, very interesting.
Never ceases to amuse and anger me when people rail about how dangerous our food supply is today.
Yeah I saw kind of a dark irony in Coke's creator Pemberton spending all those years taste-testing various concoctions and formulas in search of something to replace his morphine addiction and finally succumbing to stomach cancer.
Gosh what're the odds?
But it grabbed my attention when that first episode laid out the background by mentioning how common stomach cancer was due to some of the preserving techniques in use (or NOT in use) in the days before refrigeration.
Things got thrown off track when "food science" started figuring out all these novel ways to "improve" or "replicate" natural tastes and textures.
Funny thing, as a kid I never acquired much taste for soft drinks because the inevitable CO2 burp always stung the back of my nose.
Things got thrown off track in the marijuana industry 40 years ago when growers started selectively breeding for psychoactive potency at the expense of flavor variety.
Not to belittle the research that has discovered the utility of the "non-recreational" compounds since then.

In my case not so much technique as finally getting tired of forgetting what tune I was supposed to go back to when the jam section was over.
:hypnotysed:
:distracted:

Last edited:

JF-30

Reaction score
Legal weed rules. I love going out to Cali.

FZ: Suzy?
Suzy: Yes
FZ: Suzy Creamcheese?
FZ: This is the voice of your conscience baby, uh . . . I just want to check one thing out with ya, you don't mind, do ya?
Suzy: What?
FZ: Suzy Creamcheese, honey, what's got into ya?

Last edited:

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Meanwhile back over in the iconic foods section of this thread :)glee:), I realized nothing had been said about General Mills in the Foods That Built America, who gave us Cheerios, Lucky Charms, and Betty Crocker.
A glance down their discontinued brands listing on Wiki yielded this little gem from 1956:
tumblr_nhvhqli9Me1rlb49io1_1280.jpg

That stuff musta been da bomb.
A name like "General Mills" inevitably evokes images of huge conglomerates with fingers in lots of pies, much like General Motors (guess which one came first), and sure enough:

" Aeronautical Research Division and Electronics Division
In 1946, General Mills established their Aeronautical Research Division with chief engineer Otto C. Winzen. This division developed high altitude balloons in conjunction with the United States Navy Office of Naval Research (ONR), such as the Skyhook balloon
.[11] "

One's gotta wonder now if that weather balloon that crashed in Roswell NM in '47 was a publicity stunt intended to launch the "Sugar Coated Aliens" brand, gone horribly wrong.

Last edited:

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
In order to enjoy my playing more, it might be best if my audience is baked, rather than me...

walrus

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Ok, you've been at the festival all day and been unwittingly exposed to millions of ppm of second hand smoke.
On returning to your vehicle you realize you're missing something critical to your ability to drive.
Is it:
A: Your sobriety
B: Your drivers license
C: Your car keys
D: Your cell phone
E: All of the above
F: None of the above

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Ok, you've been at the festival all day and been unwittingly exposed to millions of ppm of second hand smoke.
On returning to your vehicle you realize you're missing something critical to your ability to drive.
Is it:

G. Who cares? I'm not going to remember how I got to where I'm going anyway...

walrus

Grassdog

Reaction score
Is it:

Navigation systems with spoken directions are a godsend in certain situations.

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Legal weed rules. I love going out to Cali.

FZ: Suzy?
FZ: Suzy Creamcheese?
FZ: This is the voice of your conscience baby, uh . . . I just want to check one thing out with ya, you don't mind, do ya?
Suzy: What?
FZ: Suzy Creamcheese, honey, what's got into ya?

"Only 13 and she knows how to nasty" is a whole lot more disturbing in 2019 than it was in the 1960's. The times, they are a changin'

JF-30

Reaction score
Is it:
I was at a concert?