Source for old style F-55 bridge?

Bob Aldo

Reaction score
I have an early 70's blond F-55 that needs a new bridge. The new Guild bridges have a different dimension between the pin holes and where the strings hit the saddle. Plus the new Guild bridges take a thicker saddle. The old saddle looks to be only 3/32" thick. The old bridge is narrower over-all than the current ones. Any ideas? I did email Guild about this. Haven't heard anything yet.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
I have an early 70's blond F-55 that needs a new bridge. The new Guild bridges have a different dimension between the pin holes and where the strings hit the saddle. Plus the new Guild bridges take a thicker saddle. The old saddle looks to be only 3/32" thick. The old bridge is narrower over-all than the current ones. Any ideas? I did email Guild about this. Haven't heard anything yet.

Hi Bob;
Don't mean to sound snarky but I'm sure you actually have an F-50, there was no "F-55" until Guild started making 'em in Oxnard just last year.
I only bring it up because it could cause confusion in places less familiar with the model's changing specs.
(the F55 is the current version of the F50R(Rosewood), an F50 is now an "F55M (maple)".
If dreadnut's post wasn't clear, he's suggesting Hans Moust in the Netherlands who has the best knowledge about correct parts for vintage Guilds.
Even if he doesn't have the actual bridge he can probably provide a drawing with correct dimensions to get one made.
His website:
http://www.guitarchives.nl/guitarsgalore/
What you said about pin spacing rings absolutely true, reminds me of a problem one of our members ran into a couple of years back when he needed a replacement bridge and had the problem with 2 different bridges.
FROM GUILD.
At that time at least, they had zero knowledge or records for anything prior to 2014, when Cordoba Music Group acquired Guild from Fender, and they only promised to honor warranty for Guilds made in the last Fender-owned factory, New Hartford, back to '09.

Last edited:

Br1ck

Reaction score
Hans had a bridge for my 1970 D 35 a couple of years ago. Just something to think about when you have a bridge shaved. Don't. They are hard to come by.

Taylor Martin Guild

Reaction score
I have a friend that had Taylor Guitar make him a new bridge for his F-50.
Yes, Taylor does work on other guitars and they are very good at it.