Yay!

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.

I Guilded again, while the forum was down, maybe forever, and I hung there, on the go button, thinking, wow, really no one in the world but you is going to give an f about this, and I thought about it, and I pulled the trigger anyway, rest of the world be damned... But I'm so glad to be here again to share...

So even when we're down we're enabling...:glee:
flatback or archback?
:smile:

Guildedagain

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I thought they ware all flatbacks in '73, but my ignorance may catch up with me...

This one is flat, with a really nice hog top, looks brown actually, not red, but only seeing it in person will tell.

It went a whole week without selling, surprising, and when relisted I got the shop to get the shipping in line (was $142 for USPS Parcel Select), and now it's on the way here. It was one of those you keep going back to hoping someone else got it, but if it had sold you'd regret it forever....

large.jpg

So now it will be in order of ownership; '73 D35, '71 F30, '71 D35, '68 F112 and '73 D25

I'm not sure how I can explain the brown top away, hmmmm...

Last edited:

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
I thought they ware all flatbacks in '73, but my ignorance may catch up with me...
'73 was a transition year, both were available, PM sent to avoid veering too far off track in this thread.

This one is flat, with a really nice hog top, looks brown actually, not red, but only seeing it in person will tell.
Brown and Cherry were the 2 original finishes in '68 but yeah it might be hard to tell at this point.
Even the shades changed in different eras, I always thought "BRrown" was supposed to be like this '85 D15:
Picture003.jpg

17 to the far left, 15 to the far right
But owners (Mavuser , westerly Wood) have said the early '70's BRown was more like the D17 on the left there.
If it's got a nice red tint (it does on my display), then yes probably Cherry.
I'm not sure how I can explain the brown top away, hmmmm...
So now it will be in order of ownership; '73 D35, '71 F30, '71 D35, '68 F112 and '73 D25
Hey waitaminnit, what happened to the F212?
:glee:

Like you said, you gotta see that on in person, digital images are almost guaranteed to be thrown off by at least one element in the chain from the source device to the display device, including both of those.

Last edited: