Ngd-dd6 mce

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
sknrmiuklney1iphr6yo.jpg

THIS.
THIS is what happens when you let guitars model for Playboy photographers.
Mama don't let your guitars grow up to be Playmates.

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
i am not a fan of the barn door electronics however. still, what a beauty and in your arsenal of guild acoustics richard, it will no doubt find its proper place.

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
i am not a fan of the barn door electronics however. still, what a beauty and in your arsenal of guild acoustics richard, it will no doubt find its proper place.

I wasn't a "barn Door" fan, either. Until I owned a DD6.
It's easy to change the battery.
It has a good tuner.
Easier to make volume/tone adjustments on the fly when you don't have to go feeling around inside the sound hole.

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I wasn't a "barn Door" fan, either. Until I owned a DD6.
It's easy to change the battery.
It has a good tuner.
Easier to make volume/tone adjustments on the fly when you don't have to go feeling around inside the sound hole.

so if you play out, it is ideal, sounds like dave

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
so if you play out, it is ideal, sounds like dave

Not necessarily, WW. I play (amplified) with a group of friends, but not out doing gigs. I guess I meant to express how the "barn door" just works for me.

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Hi James. I don't actually have the guitar yet but hope to see it tomorrow (Wed.) I'm not sure about any bear claw on the top but I don't think there is. The pickup system is LR Baggs. I know many prefer the Barbarosa (sp???) system but since I seldom plug in I'm sure the Bagg's will be just fine for me.

Today is Wednesday in Dickson, TN. Has it played a tune or two in Barton City?

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Not necessarily, WW. I play (amplified) with a group of friends, but not out doing gigs. I guess I meant to express how the "barn door" just works for me.

And if it has any effect on sound (like on my F65ce), you couldn't prove it by me.
I like that it's pretty well flush against the side: good ergonomics.
You can't even tell it's there while playing.

richardp69

Enlightened Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
It is a convenient electronic set up IMHO. I like the looks of a guitar without the barn door electronics better, but I appreciate the ease of adjusting on the go and battery change with it. Not a deal breaker either way for me. It arrived today and it's as gorgeous in person as it was in the pics. I left my feedback for the seller and part of it was "it's much prettier than all my ex wives combined". Now, hopefully, they are not members of LTG but if they are, oh well.

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
It is a convenient electronic set up IMHO. I like the looks of a guitar without the barn door electronics better, but I appreciate the ease of adjusting on the go and battery change with it. Not a deal breaker either way for me. It arrived today and it's as gorgeous in person as it was in the pics. I left my feedback for the seller and part of it was "it's much prettier than all my ex wives combined". Now, hopefully, they are not members of LTG but if they are, oh well.

nice, congrats Richard, the maple looks amazing in the pic.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
I left my feedback for the seller and part of it was "it's much prettier than all my ex wives combined". Now, hopefully, they are not members of LTG but if they are, oh well.
I think we all pretty much realize by now you buy 'em more "to go" than "to show".
:glee:

richardp69

Enlightened Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Well, 've had some time to spend on this new addition and I am quite honestly, really impressed. It's not only beautiful, it plays really well and sounds wonderful (even with me playing it and that says quite a bit).

I've got quite a few really nice Maple guitars right now so my 1st thought was to sell my NH F 50. Nope, that ain't gonna happen. Played it on a song I sung today at Church (with others) and it was just superb plus I've had it a while and there's a bond there. I'm thinking I'll put my G 45 out on Reverb and that's surprising to me, because I absolutely love that guitar as well. But, I just don't need all the great Maple I have right now so at some point it will likely get listed.

Anyway, no need for a response, I'm just letting you know the DD6 MCE is a keeper.

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Sounds like, from your report, you are more pleased than you imagined you would be.
Sincere congratulations.

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
The Doyle Dykes Guilds are special. For me it just pulls me up and leads me to play better. It asks for more and delivers every time.

HeyMikey

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Richard, that is not the guitar you’re looking for.

You will sell the dd6 mce to Mikey.

You will not mistakenly ship your D-40.

tMp27tb.png

Hey, worth a shot. It worked on beecee. Well, mostly.

Last edited: