Abbey Road 50th Anniversary

HeyMikey

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Oh boy! I think Mikey is gonna like it!

Grassdog

Reaction score
There was a band meeting either shortly before or after the album came out, during which Macca suggested doing some live performing

This band meeting is well documented (the one where Lennon announced he's breaking up the group). I believe Klein was in attendance, and insisted that the disbanding not be announced right away. IIRC, John said Paul's face turned white when he made the announcement. So if this meeting occurred sometime after Abbey Road was completed, then it sounds like Paul at least didn't know it was their last album when it was being recorded. Otherwise, why would Paul have been suggesting another group project?

I don't doubt that they were determined to make a better album after the Get Back sessions, or that they could feel their bond slipping away. I am skeptical however that they all knew (with the exception of Lennon who was clearly fed up with being a Beatle) that it was going to be their last album when they were making it.

Regardless, they did it all, they did it right, and they left it alone.

JF-30

Reaction score
Yoko did not break up the The Beatles. The Beatles broke up The Beatles with egos, bickering, bad business decisions, managers, ect.

My favorite group ever. Not the best ever, but my favorite.

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Yoko did not break up the The Beatles. The Beatles broke up The Beatles with egos, bickering, bad business decisions, managers, ect.

My favorite group ever. Not the best ever, but my favorite.

yeah, sounds like it after reading all this after my post. good to know.
amazed that paul was blindsided when lennon told the group in that infamous meeting then. figure he would have seen it coming...

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
I'm celebrating 50 years of playing guitar, and the 50th anniversary of my 15th birthday!