Reaction score
8iDYWXGl.jpg
[/IMG]

walrus

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
HAAAAAAA HAAAAAAA!!! Too funny! I also truly enjoyed that video that Gary posted on "When to buy, and when to sell gear." It had some really good points and insights and I found myself shaking my head in agreement as he spoke.

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
in the existing camp currently...:)
appears i have no wait.

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Existing camp as well. I have discovered that what I am chasing is not tone but talent and that's not something you usually get just by spending money :)

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Whatever line I'm in is the wrong line.

I am amused. I also remember enough optimization and queuing theory to prove that at some point you are better off staying put. But that depends upon an ability to to understand which random number distributions are actually in effect. For some people solving problems is the fun part of math. But for others identifying how the assumptions and simplifications made to solve the problem, don't match the Real World is much more fun.

Nuuska

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Whatever line I'm in is the wrong line.

I remember an incident about 15-20 years ago - I was at local bus terminal cueing to get a parcel. Two lines. Both progressing about equally.

THEN - right when I was at the counter, the clerk pulls the shade down without a word - so I had to move to next cue behind six or so persons. i was so mad that I kicked the counter, which was made of effing chipboard and broke. Nobody said a thing. Eventually I received my parcel from next cue. But since I was collecting a parcel, they had my info. So later they claimed I would have to pay for repair cost of the counter. I explained the situation and said, that instead of paying somebody, I could easily replase and paint the damaged panel of the counter. After short thinking they came to realize, that the way the clerk simply shut off without saying anything and said they understand me getting angry and that I do not need to pay or do anything.

Funniest part is, that the counter front remained like that for next 5 years untill the whole building was demolished.

SO - carefull out there, when it comes to cueing . . .

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
I remember an incident about 15-20 years ago - I was at local bus terminal cueing to get a parcel. Two lines. Both progressing about equally.
THEN - right when I was at the counter, the clerk pulls the shade down without a word .
This wouldn't have happened to be that time you forgot you were still dressed up for Halloween, would it?
best-mugshots-2018-1-1545842526547.png

- so I had to move to next cue behind six or so persons
SO - carefull out there, when it comes to cueing . . .
Reminds me of clueless supermarket checkout clerks opening up a new register to handle "too many customers in line", and taking the LAST person from the line instead of the person next in line for checkout, who's already been waiting the longest.
I have literally abandoned my cart in front of that lane, frozen goods and all, and walked out.
On those occasions when I needed something in the cart that day, I made a point of only purchasing that item and leaving the rest of the items in the cart and telling the manager why there's a cart full of go-backs..but sometimes the manager isn't available.
Huge_Fire_Rips_Through_Safeway_in_West_P_0_48364427_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

Last edited: