When to Buy and When to Sell

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Fabulous video that I stumbled on and I can say that I've experienced every single thing he mentions.

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Great listen GAD and I, too, can identify with every explaination.

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Great listen GAD and I, too, can identify with every explaination.

So can I! I think all of us "enthusiasts" have been there. I still have too much sentimental attachment to my old D50 to ever sell it though!

Zelja

Reaction score
Yeah, great video, makes a lot of sense on so many points. Still, I find it difficult to to take that decision to sell. It is also takes far less effort to hit the "Buy Now" icon than to actually sell a guitar - I think that is my main stumbling block, lol.

One thing I can say is that I have never actually felt any regret/remorse after selling a guitar or amp once I have made the decision to sell. That gives me comfort for the half dozen or so guitars that I will want to move on once I eventually get off of my arse to do so.

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
I have regretted a few sales. I think selling my original S300AD was the seed that blossomed into my current madness.

For the most part, though, once I tell the guitar's story (write about it), I feel far less remorse when selling.

shihan

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Yeah, good video. He makes some very valid points. I sold some stuff at the beginning of the year, and felt much better having the unused items gone. I need to do it again and get rid of some effects I never use. I gotta say, though, I like and play all the guitars and amps I own (5 of each). I don’t feel a need to sell any of them, at least right now.

Quantum Strummer

Reaction score
That's a good YT channel overall. I started watching 'cuz Keith, the guy who runs it, really gets small amps.

I go through periods of accumulating a bunch of musical stuff, then doing many-for-one trades to pare it down. When I do sell something it's either to Elderly or a small local shop.

-Dave-

MartyG

Reaction score
Guilty as charged. Not so much for guitars and related gear, not yet anyway, but for other passions. Seems like it takes a lifetime to learn what little you need to be happy, but there is no way around the lessons. I have a set of drums I've never played. Bikes I've never ridden. At least I have them where I can see them, not squirreled away in dark corners. Oh dammit - another rationalization alert...

Marty

Mark WW

Reaction score
Interesting channel on You Tube. Checked out some of his other videos. Made me want to buy more stuff :fat:

bobouz

Reaction score
Nope, more guitars DOES make you happier!

JF-30

Reaction score
When to buy - when the guitar is at its absolute lowest price you can get it for.

When to sell - before it needs a neck reset, or when someone will give you a lot more than what you paid for the guitar.