Anybody get this F412?

Cougar

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I was watching this 2005 F-412 on ebay and was truly tempted to put in a bid but in the end figured it was too much like my 2002 JF30-12 so let the bidding take its course. Somebody got a great deal at $1125 for a great condition F412! The seller had put up videos showing all the crucial measurements, so it was very well described. And a burst. I guess nobody here got it since I don't see an excited NGD. Or are you just waiting for delivery? :tiger:

crank

Reaction score
I think the guy might have gotten more for his guitar had he focused less on those flaws.

Cougar

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I think the guy might have gotten more for his guitar had he focused less on those flaws.

Yeah, he did kind of overdo it on those two fairly minor finish flaws.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Had to look, and noticed:
"•Guitar will be well packed, with bubble wrap and newspaper inside the case to minimize movement."
If somebody here did buy it, make sure he knows bubble wrap and nitro don't play nice together; given enough time and/or heat the guitar could arrive with a ghost polka-dot finish.
We've seen graphic pics here before and they weren't for the squeamish.
He seems knowledgable enough but for sure it's one of those "better said than not" details: Don't let the bubble wrap contact the finish.

idealassets

Reaction score
"•Guitar will be well packed, with bubble wrap and newspaper inside the case to minimize movement."
If somebody here did buy it, make sure he knows bubble wrap and nitro don't play nice together; given enough time and/or heat the guitar could arrive with a ghost polka-dot finish.
He seems knowledgable enough but for sure it's one of those "better said than not" details: Don't let the bubble wrap contact the finish.

Didn't it have an original Guild case with it? If well cared for this could be a sweet deal for someone.

beecee

Reaction score

Too late, look at the last picture.

idealassets

Reaction score
Why the concern about the packing? I pointed out that it had an original case it was being sent in, its not cold weather, it all looked like clear sailing to me for the lucky buyer.

portsider

Reaction score
That's about what it cost me to have fixit overhaul my 1970 F412. Mine isn't in anywhere as nice a shape, but it's a '70 with a Hobokin label (though almost certainly a very early Westerly). Though I love mine, that auction is enough to make me think.

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Why the concern about the packing? I pointed out that it had an original case it was being sent in, its not cold weather, it all looked like clear sailing to me for the lucky buyer.

This.

Since one picture shows bubble wrap around the neck...

idealassets

Reaction score
You are right, often there can be a lack of enough common sense.

Although no one ever explained it to me, I always used organic material such as cotton cloth or rags to pack the case around the neck and headstock. I still think someone probably got a nice guitar out of this, even with a few bad moves involved.

Last edited: