Firebird X's Being Run Over By An Excavator

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
The video was posted by YouTube member BJ's World. In the comments to another video he claims to have worked at the Memphis factory until it was torn down.

Bottom line, we live in a capitalistic society where bottom line is most important. (I'm not saying that's a bad thing, just reminding that it is.) The people that went to school for economics probably determined that destroying the instruments was better for their bank balance than other options. Such is the cost of capitalism.
In the video I just posted, he talks about it in an interview.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
The video was posted by YouTube member BJ's World. In the comments to another video he claims to have worked at the Memphis factory until it was torn down.

Bottom line, we live in a capitalistic society where bottom line is most important. (I'm not saying that's a bad thing, just reminding that it is.) The people that went to school for economics probably determined that destroying the instruments was better for their bank balance than other options. Such is the cost of capitalism.
In the video I just posted, he talks about it in an interview.

Thankee thankee thankee gents.
PS @ DThomasC
Have you copyrighted "Such is the Cost of Capitalism" yet?
Love it.
I might wanna use it on a T-shirt.
:glee:

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Another high point for Gibson USA. Sheesh, you'd think they could at least blow them out to Stratosphere. They've done that with other bad ideas.

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Guitar.com reported that Gibson has responded with a statement: “The Firebird X destruction video that surfaced months ago was an isolated batch of Firebird X models built in 2009-2011 which were unsalvageable and damaged with unsafe components. This isolated group of Firebird X models were unable to be donated for any purpose and were destroyed accordingly.

Ralf

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guitar.com reported that Gibson has responded with a statement: “The Firebird X destruction video that surfaced months ago was an isolated batch of Firebird X models built in 2009-2011 which were unsalvageable and damaged with unsafe components. This isolated group of Firebird X models were unable to be donated for any purpose and were destroyed accordingly.

Ralf

I thought all New Gibson models of late had "Unsafe Components" on them with the way the unfinished fret wire extends past the fretboard and catches everything including the meat of your fingers. LOL, Seems like a pretty weak explanation considering every New Gibson you pick up in a store has the same issue.:disillusionment:

TX

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
And why is "destroyed accordingly" lining them up neatly and running over them with a bulldozer - and filming it? Typically, that makes no sense...

walrus

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
This is the answer to the question: "How do you get the perfect tone from a Firebird X?"

mellowgerman

Reaction score

DThomasC

Reaction score

Ralf

It's the lying that hurts the most.