A not very big book

Nuuska

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
While searching something in my drawers today - I came across this small book. The size is NOT photographically reduced - it is actually carved on metal plates - then printed and bound with leather covers.

img_3538.jpg

Here it is in it's box next to Guild giant pick - let's open the box :

img_3539.jpg

Inside the box we find a plexi container with a magnifying glass protecting the book

img_3540.jpg

Let's take the book out and put it on regular Guild pick to demonstrate the size

fullsizeoutput_3b5.jpeg

And finally picture of the leaflet that came with it. Handwriting is my late fathers - it says that Olivetti presented this to him.

fullsizeoutput_3b7.jpeg

Last edited:

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Very cool keepsake!

BTW, where did you get the green Guild pick?

walrus

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
That's a cool pick! I wish they sold different colors on their web site if they are making them anyway!

walrus

wileypickett

Reaction score
When I was a kid, my dad took our family on vacation to Florida, and among the places we visited along the way was the Ripley's Believe It or Not Museum.

One of the things that left an impression my little 10-year-old mind was an exhibit of a single human hair with the words, "Welcome to New York Robert Ripley" written on it. You had to view it through a microscope.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
When I was a kid, my dad took our family on vacation to Florida, and among the places we visited along the way was the Ripley's Believe It or Not Museum.
One of the things that left an impression my little 10-year-old mind was an exhibit of a single human hair with the words, "Welcome to New York Robert Ripley" written on it. You had to view it through a microscope.
OK< I just had to see if there was an explanation of how that was accomplished, but all I could find was the Believe-It-Or-Not website.
If there was a search button, I missed it.
Hmmm.
Would you buy a used guitar from this man?:
1918.jpg

Last edited: