Thief!

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
This guy stole our trash not eight minutes after I parked my car. Naturally I chased after him with a long lens and a powerful light.

5D3_8050_1600.jpg

5D3_8055_1600.jpg

5D3_8056_1600.jpg

5D3_8050-Crop.jpg

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Wow. I will confess I was expecting a story about a dealer or internet seller who not only used your articles and pictures without attribution but made some effort to hide their origin. I like this story much better.

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Great pixs GAD. Close call between your beautiful guitars and beautiful pictures.

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Poor little fella looks Hungry. Also looks like he got into it with someone somewhere down the line as he has a pretty good scar over his left eye. Think you should name this guy Either "Al" for Al Pacino in Scarface or "Tony" for Antonio Montana. How would you feel if someone was trying to photograph you while you were in a ditch trying to enjoy a nice roadside meal? LOL!

TX

Last edited:

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Wow. I will confess I was expecting a story about a dealer or internet seller who not only used your articles and pictures without attribution but made some effort to hide their origin. I like this story much better.

Nah - that happens all the time and I don't watermark my photos. Steal my trash, though and I'm gonna take your picture and post it everywhere! :tickled_pink:

Nuuska

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
What is common reaction over there where you live? Are you ( the population ) starting hunt or is there space for both? Sometimes ( especially young ) stray animals come close to human dwellings and then proceed to travel into deeper areas with fever people.

Great pics - congrats !!!

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Poor little fella looks Hungry. Also looks like he got into it with someone somewhere down the line as he has a pretty good scar over his left eye. Think you should name this guy Either "Al" for Al Pacino in Scarface or "Tony" for Antonio Montana. How would you feel if someone was trying to photograph you while you were in a ditch trying to enjoy a nice roadside meal? LOL!

TX

Yeah, that scar is pretty severe. My wife said, "I wonder if he hit a car." Not, "did he get hit by a car." That made me laugh. He's definitely seen some stuff, though.

As for the photos, he didn't seem to care much but I was still thankful to have the 70-200 f/2.8L lens and a collection of stupidly bright flashlights. In fact I had trouble getting him to look at me because he was so intent on eating what we assume to be leftover cat food.

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
What is common reaction over there where you live? Are you ( the population ) starting hunt or is there space for both? Sometimes ( especially young ) stray animals come close to human dwellings and then proceed to travel into deeper areas with fever people.

Great pics - congrats !!!

We live in the woods as is likely evident by now, and there are more wild animals than a lot of people realize. Black bears are indigenous to the area and they were certainly here first. They're foragers so they can't pass up a tasty (or smelly) garbage bin when the mood strikes them. Two or three times now I have them on security video upending the trash, pulling out a tied-up trash bag, and dragging it somewhere to feast. Sometimes they just chill right there in the driveway with their plunder:

Bear2.png

Bear1.png

Rich Cohen

Reaction score
I used to live in Lebanon, NJ in Hunterdon County, where there are more cows than people. Gary, your place is in Warren County, right? Many people don't realize that there are some very rural areas in NJ.

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
I used to live in Lebanon, NJ in Hunterdon County, where there are more cows than people. Gary, your place is in Warren County, right? Many people don't realize that there are some very rural areas in NJ.

I'm in Hunterdon, but yes it's very rural here - this is a bridge that I would routinely ride my bike over. There is some seriously great fly fishing here.

1280px-Califon_Bridge.JPG

GGJaguar

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
They are persistent if nothing else. I'm just across the river in Pike and I always have to look both ways before completely going out the door. You never know what might be lurking.

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Great photos, GAD!

And Brad that is an amazing video! "Take out" night for the Bear family!

walrus

5thumbs

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
These are amazing pix. Thanks, Gary.

I have to laugh - we moved from Chicago to the nearby suburb of Norridge. My wife thought we were in "the country" when she spotted a rabbit.

dougdnh

Reaction score
Great pictures! I used to live in Ocean County NJ in the 60's & 70's when the population almost doubled. I hope there are still rural areas in North Jersey - I have a lot of good memories doing day trips to some lakes up there with my parents in the late '50's.