New D-55

ClydeTower

Reaction score

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Have it home now.

Fit and finish are very nice.

Factory setup was good too. I do not foresee needing any setup work.

Neck is very comfortable and very easy to fret notes.

What I like the best so far is the response. Louder when ask for it, yet easy to play soft and quiet.

The depth in the low end is incredible.

Overall a very nice guitar for a chump like me. It’s a keeper - I love it.

Will post a picture soon.

Thanks to everyone who commented!

Congrats Wildwoodflower! So glad to hear you got a good one and that you are enjoying bonding with it. Nothing compares to the break in period on a brand new guitar that no one else has owned but you. Really happy for you and I hope you enjoy it for a long time to come!

TX

Reaction score
Thank you to all. It’s a wonderful guitar and I am glad to support the craftspeople who make these fine instruments.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Have it home now.

Fit and finish are very nice.

Factory setup was good too. I do not foresee needing any setup work.

Neck is very comfortable and very easy to fret notes.

What I like the best so far is the response. Louder when ask for it, yet easy to play soft and quiet.

The depth in the low end is incredible.

Overall a very nice guitar for a chump like me. It’s a keeper - I love it.

Will post a picture soon.

Thanks to everyone who commented!

Nothing compares to the break in period on a brand new guitar that no one else has owned but you.
TX

"It's Honeymoon Time!"

article-guitar_bed-IMG_9129.jpg

:smile:

Reaction score
Just realized I never posted a picture of this guitar. Really pleased with it. It's brand new right from the California factory and it is perfect. Plays really easy. Glad they designed it for light strings as I play a lot of fingerstyle. Couldn't be happier and am glad to help support the craftsmen and women that have devoted their careers to making these wonderful instruments that bring so much joy to so many. Good job Guild.

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Just realized I never posted a picture of this guitar. Really pleased with it. It's brand new right from the California factory and it is perfect. Plays really easy. Glad they designed it for light strings as I play a lot of fingerstyle. Couldn't be happier and am glad to help support the craftsmen and women that have devoted their careers to making these wonderful instruments that bring so much joy to so many. Good job Guild.

Still no pictures for me

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
My apology-pix just came through and you may have underrated its beauty.

richardp69

Enlightened Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Very classy looking guitar there Wildwoodflower. Very nice indeed. I'm so happy you're lovin' it. I too, have had really nice experiences with the Oxnard built Guilds. Seems to me like they are gettin' it right and I hope that continues forever. CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

D30Man

Reaction score
Guild Total
Yeah WWF she is beautiful and thrilled you are digging her.. Clyde mentions earlier in the thread that Oxnards really seem to have their own voice.. I tend to agree. Loving my F-55RW.. played her at 3 shows now and I continue to get compliments on her sound and voluptuous beauty.. :)

Taylor Martin Guild

Reaction score
Congratulations on a fine guitar.
I am the proud owner of a 2005 Tacoma built D-55.
If yours is as nice as mine, you do in fact have a keeper.

Reaction score
Gorgeous guitar! Congrats! If I were into dreads, I would def be owning a D-55. Love the way they play (played a used Tacoma-built one in a store) and the tone!!! And, I love the bling! Glad to know Oxnard is keeping it real.. and keeping it GUILD!

D30Man

Reaction score
Guild Total
Gorgeous guitar! Congrats! If I were into dreads, I would def be owning a D-55. Love the way they play (played a used Tacoma-built one in a store) and the tone!!! And, I love the bling! Glad to know Oxnard is keeping it real.. and keeping it GUILD!

They really seem to be RR.. when you are better you should check out the new maple F-55 as that would makes nice addition to your collection:)