Woodstock 50 denied again

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Here are a few of the acts that they wanted at WS50, Miley Cyrus, Imagine Dragons, Chance the Rapper. That would be a big F-NO from me.

Me, too! IMHO, That would be "Woodsuck"...

walrus

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Me, too! IMHO, That would be "Woodsuck"...

walrus

Here's an idea, how about getting the bands that didn't make the first one?:
Iron Butterfly
Moody Blues
Led Zeppelin
Rolling Stones
The Doors
Bob Dylan
Simon & Garfunkel
Jeff Beck
The Byrds
Frank Zappa
Free
Chicago
Tommy James and The Shondells
Spirit
Joni Mitchell
Procol Harum
the Rascals
James Taylor
Jethro Tull

oh......yeah:
"Attrition"
:heart-borken:
times-san-francisco-1969-woodstock_1_f3afc0781a718c13a742a7b44d3ec0a6.jpg

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
There's hardly anything offensive about the pic of flea, a bit of bottom from the man holding down the bottom... so this is what it looks like when you're playing balls out ;)
HAAAAA HAAAAAA!! That's what I thought too, GA!! And if you've got a body like that, take lots of photos. It won't be like that forever!! Plus if you miss a note here or there, who's gonna notice? LMAO!! :devilish:

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Iron Butterfly
Moody Blues
Led Zeppelin
Rolling Stones
The Doors
Bob Dylan
Simon & Garfunkel
Jeff Beck
The Byrds
Frank Zappa
Free
Chicago
Spirit
Joni Mitchell
Procol Harum
the Rascals
James Taylor
Jethro Tull

oh......yeah:
"Attrition"

How about a Beatle or two? Or four?

walrus

JF-30

Reaction score
Iron Butterfly
Moody Blues
Led Zeppelin
Rolling Stones
The Doors
Bob Dylan
Simon & Garfunkel
Jeff Beck
The Byrds
Frank Zappa
Free
Chicago
Spirit
Joni Mitchell
Procol Harum
the Rascals
James Taylor
Jethro Tull

oh......yeah:
"Attrition"
Ahmet is gonna bring Frank Zappa back in hologram form.

bobouz

Reaction score
The last big outdoor concert I went to was Bonnie Raitt & Lyle Lovett - quite a few years ago. Rather cold out that night (Bonnie commented on how it was taking a while to get her fingers working), and one of their tour buses caught fire right behind the stage - stopping the show for about an hour.

The music, when it was made, was good. Lots of port-o-potties, and that was good, too. But it was the last hurrah for me & any kind of a sizable concert venue. These days I'd prefer a small jazz club, or to listen to Joni sing For Free (imho one of the most finely crafted songs ever) in my car with the windows up!

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Local news about 5 minutes ago suggested it isn't a done deal yet but was quoting locals who are waiting for information from the promoter.

At one point Hot Tuna was scheduled for Woodstock 50. They have East Coast gigs but could play August 18 if they were really motivated to do so.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score

Funny and ironic, nobody wanted to sign up for the first one until Credence did, and then John withheld the permission to use the footage.
Which perhaps unsurprisingly seemed to correlate with their decline in popularity when the movie/soundtrack was released.
Other lesser-known acts got a bunch of exposure at their expense.
Ten Years After comes to mind as one of 'em.

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Funny and ironic, nobody wanted to sign up for the first one until Credence did, and then John withheld the permission to use the footage.
Which perhaps unsurprisingly seemed to correlate with their decline in popularity when the movie/soundtrack was released.
Other lesser-known acts got a bunch of exposure at their expense.
Ten Years After comes to mind as one of 'em.

Woodstock was such a great movie. I have watched it several times since I was young. Not so much for the music, but for the interviews of the young people travelling there, or just there.

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
they screwed this up royally, and I don’t think this was ever happening at Watkins Glenn, based on the last 2 Phish festivals there (the second of which got rained out entirely, but there was a lot more to it). They may have submitted paperwork for WG, but that was never going anywhwere.

they should have simply made the entire summer concert series at Bethel Woods a 50 year celly of Woodstock, and really loaded up a few big weekends with music all day and night (and payed the “Woodstock” brand a modest fee). Someone got greedy. there are plenty of annual huge music festivals out there that are quite successful every year, rain or shine. these pop up festivals, however, are a thing of the past.

matsickma

Reaction score
Just read that the 11 song set of CCR at Woodstock will be released in a few weeks. Seems like remaining members agreed to release it as a historical acknowledge of the particapation at the '69 Woodstock. No longer an issue of it not being one if their better performances.

M

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
So while doing a little nostalgia viewing myself this weekend, turned the GF on to CSNY's performance of "Suite: Judy Blue Eyes".
But who does she fall in love with right after that, jumping up for full blown jitterbugging in my living room?
(Remember, she's a Shanghai native.)
Ten Years After's "Goin' Home"
Say WHAT?!?!?
How mortifyin'!!
OK I just got sick of it getting played to death and becoming a party mantra of new-to-the-game dope smoking jocks in the early '70's, but when she insisted on an instant replay I had to admit it's aged nicely and tasted pretty good after so many years.
Still much prefer "I Can't Keep From Cryin' Sometimes" at Isle of Wight from this album, though:
JIMI_HENDRIX_THE%2BFIRST%2BGREAT%2BROCK%2BFESTIVAL  S%2BOF%2BTHE%2BSEVENTIES-260884.jpg

Which also features some pretty magnificent Allman Brothers and Hendrix as well as Kris Kristofferson's simply wunnerful "Blame it on the Stones":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZW8IbUpGIv4
:friendly_wink:

Last edited:

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Yeah. PG County announced that the promoters couldn't get their act together in terms of permits and such. Promoters just say, "we tried but cancelled".

If I cared I would say the promoters were not capable of delivering.