Rolling Stones No Filter Tour

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
We drove up to Jacksonville last Friday night to catch the Stones. Wouldn't have gone but we've heard so much good feedback from the last time they were down here in Florida that we promised ourselves then that if they ever came back we'd go. Who knows - might be the last chance. And an opportunity to get back together with friends & family we hadn't seen much since football season last year.

Anyway, the show was great! Amazing to see those guys, all well into their 70's, still cranking it out. 2 full hours, non-stop. High points? "Midnight Rambler" and "Brown Sugar". Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, Woooo!

And as a bonus, there was a Guild sighting in the opening act. Guitar player in "The Revivalists" playing a Starfire 4 (I think). Couldn't identify it any better than that.

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Guitar player in "The Revivalists" playing a Starfire 4 (I think).
Zach Feinberg plays a 1974 Starfire 4 (the time when block inlays and a master volume were added to the IV). The bridge is a replacement. He got the guitar from ebay for his 17th birthday.

dsc_0667-tag.jpg

Little detail to it: The headstock was broken and now has a fix with an added volute:

IMG_0192.jpg
IMG_0193.jpg

Ralf

crank

Reaction score
Zach is from a town near me, Pleasantville, NY. A guy I know used to jam with him. We have seen the Revivalists many times and I got to talk Guilds with him when they played a small local club a few years ago.

Zach has grown a lot as a player since I first saw the Revivalists. They all have. I guess being a full time musician is good for your chops.

Not surprised about the Stones being great. They always bring it.

beecee

Reaction score
Speaking of the Stones check out dapmdave's rendition of no expectations on his soundclick page.

JF-30

Reaction score
We drove up to Jacksonville last Friday night to catch the Stones. Wouldn't have gone but we've heard so much good feedback from the last time they were down here in Florida that we promised ourselves then that if they ever came back we'd go. Who knows - might be the last chance. And an opportunity to get back together with friends & family we hadn't seen much since football season last year.

Anyway, the show was great! Amazing to see those guys, all well into their 70's, still cranking it out. 2 full hours, non-stop. High points? "Midnight Rambler" and "Brown Sugar". Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, Woooo!

And as a bonus, there was a Guild sighting in the opening act. Guitar player in "The Revivalists" playing a Starfire 4 (I think). Couldn't identify it any better than that.

I saw the Stones in '81 and that is what everyone said back then "This maybe the last time The Stones tour".

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Ralf, you are amazing.
Isn't that the truth? You give him a group and an "I'm pretty sure it's" and you get back model confirmation, features from that year, the owners name, when he got the guitar, and a photo essay on damage and repairs the guitar has undergone. That's a pretty amazing repair job, if you ask me!! Thanks, Ralf..... :shocked:

p.s. - the only thing I came up with is his name is spelled Zack, not Zach. Kinda lame, huh??

Last edited:

JF-30

Reaction score
Wow so that classic "smile" neck break is not exclusive to Gibson?

Gibson might want to sue Guild. Your neck breaks like ours and that's proprietary. From Mark Agnesi. Where watching.

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Love the Rolling Stones!

Wow so that classic "smile" neck break is not exclusive to Gibson?

Gibson might want to sue Guild. Your neck breaks like ours and that's proprietary. From Mark Agnesi. Where watching.

LMAO! :smile-new:

walrus