Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ngd '71 f20 - not so fast

Ngd '71 f20 - not so fast

There were a few red flags, and against my better judgment, I bid and won the ebay auction (it was also listed on Reverb). Seller is a Pawn shop, price had come way down after an earlier ebay auction, and only 1 other bidder. I was able to get it for a very resonable price. The seller was very helpful with info, photos etc. Figured there was no down side - if it was less than advertised, I'd return it with the guarantee. It was mailed it on 7/1 for a USPS trip of 3+ hours, to arrive on 7/3. But, it never arrived. Somehow the guitar departed Lancaster on 7/2, never to be heard from again. Some things are not meant to be. First time a guitar that I purchased was lost and never arrived!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1971-1972-G...rdt=true&rt=nc
    Corey
    '59 M-20
    '79 D25M
    '19 F40AB

Quote Originally Posted by coreyman97 View Post
    TFirst time a guitar that I purchased was lost and never arrived!
    Dang! Hope it turns up!
    2011 Guild F50R Sunburst
    2002 Guild JF30-12 Sunburst
    1991 Guild JF30-12 Ltd. Ed. Wood Grain Blue
    2018 Gibson Ltd. Ed. Songwriter Deluxe 12-string
    2015 Martin GPC12PA4 12-string

1972 Epiphone FT-160 12-string
    2012 Epiphone Dot CH

2010 Epiphone Les Paul Standard trans amber 

2013 Yamaha Motif XS7

At this point, it's considered lost - money returned.
    Corey
    '59 M-20
    '79 D25M
    '19 F40AB

Quote Originally Posted by coreyman97 View Post
    At this point, it's considered lost - money returned.
    Yeah, Some weird Hocus Pocus going on with shipping and tracking lately. I had one guitar disappear that showed on tracking being in town for 3-4 days. It finally arrived. No one really knew what happened. The Driver even called me one day saying, "it's on my list but not on my truck". The previous day he pulled in my driveway, rummaged around and just pulled out!

Recently I bought a small item on Ebay and it never arrived but the tracker showed "delivered". However looking via different places it had 3 potential delivery services: UPS, UPS 2nd Day, and some unknown company. It also had two completely different tracking numbers! I finally insisted on a refund from Ebay not the seller (who was little help) and got it.
    Last edited by swiveltung; 07-18-2019 at 05:50 PM.

That is a suck. Not a blow.

A common reason for this type of "disappearing act", is that an old shipping label may have been left on the box.

The package begins its journey on the current shipping label, but someone later scans the wrong label & the package ends up being delivered to an unintended location (i.e., the address shown on the old label).

Also, USPS tracking is the worst of the bunch, unfortunately.

Tracking-wise: FedEx >> UPS >> USPS
    Last edited by geoguy; 07-18-2019 at 07:27 PM.
    several Guilds, one Gretsch, one Taylor, & a Squire CV tele

does this usually mean an employee for shipping co walked off with the guitar?

Not necessarily.

As I described a couple posts above, it may have been delivered to an unintended address, if an old shipping label remained on the box.

At that point you pretty much are at the mercy of the unintended recipient "doing the right thing", & speaking up about something they've received by mistake.
    several Guilds, one Gretsch, one Taylor, & a Squire CV tele

Quote Originally Posted by geoguy View Post
    Not necessarily.

As I described a couple posts above, it may have been delivered to an unintended address, if an old shipping label remained on the box.

At that point you pretty much are at the mercy of the unintended recipient "doing the right thing", & speaking up about something they've received by mistake.
    ah makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by geoguy View Post
    A common reason for this type of "disappearing act", is that an old shipping label may have been left on the box.

The package begins its journey on the current shipping label, but someone later scans the wrong label & the package ends up being delivered to an unintended location (i.e., the address shown on the old label).

Also, USPS tracking is the worst of the bunch, unfortunately.

Tracking-wise: FedEx >> UPS >> USPS
    Great point Geo. I couldn't figure out how it just disappeared (except of course if it was not checked in, and stolen). Makes sense that a different label on the box could be the reason.
    Last edited by coreyman97; 07-18-2019 at 09:40 PM. Reason: typos
    Corey
    '59 M-20
    '79 D25M
    '19 F40AB