Trying to date my DV52

Reaction score
I'd like to date my DV52 HG NT. It's serial number is outside the range that's posted in the usual places: AD522298. The charts I've seen online suggest 1998 or later but I bought it new sometime between 1995 and 1998. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
I'd like to date my DV52 HG NT. It's serial number is outside the range that's posted in the usual places: AD522298. The charts I've seen online suggest 1998 or later but I bought it new sometime between 1995 and 1998. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

HI Daniel, welcome aboard!
LOT of DV-52 love around here.
Even Guild's own s/n chart is misleading, the numbers there only cover up to '97 (can't recall if some '97 builds show up) even though it implies it covers through '99.
That's why your number doesn't show up.
Looking at the last number shown on their chart of xxx272, I suspect it's truly a '98.
2 tips:
If it's a '98 I believe they were still putting a date stamp on a beveled edge of the neck heel block, visible through the sound hole at just the right angle.
Really easy to miss unless you know you're looking for it.
That date is the date the "superstructure" was completed and actual final finishing/completion was anywhere from a couple of weeks to a couple of months later, but you know it can't be any older than that.
Absent the date stamp or to really nail it down, our member Hans Moust has the best known records for that "invisible" period and can be reached either via pm here or at his website:
http://www.guitarchives.nl/guitarsgalore/

Last edited: