Looking for Specs in order to sell Guild D55 Acoustic/Electric

Reaction score
Hi there, I'm trying to sell a Guild acoustic/electric guitar for my Dad who no longer plays. Where might I find specs for a Guild D55 acoustic/electric made in 2001 in Westerly, RI. Serial number is AD552073. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
The Guild January 2, 2001 pricelist showed:
"Solid AAA spruce top, scallop braces, solid rosewood back and sides, ebony fingerboard, abalone rosette, pearl and abalone inlays, gold tuners, deluxe case."
They were available in "Natural" or "Antique Burst".
Regarding the pickup system it depends if it came stock from the factory or was added later, so I don't know what type that could be.

Ralf

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Welcome Tara and lots of D55 lovers here. Also, previous information is from a very knowledgeale member and sure others will chim in.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Welcome Tara and lots of D55 lovers here. Also, previous information is from a very knowledgeale member and sure others will chim in.
Yep Ralf knows his stuff but just in case you run into a buyer who wants more details, the nut width was spec'd at 1-11/16, the fretboard radius is 12", and the scale length is 25-5/8 inches.
"Action height" was 4.5-5/64 on treble E string at 12th fret and 5.5-6/64 on bass E string (at 12th fret).
That info might come in handy for folks who want to know if it's still set up the way it came from the factory.
The body shape is called "Dreadnought" and is 15-3/4" lower bout width, 5" deep.
D55 might be the most well-recognized Guild model in the general market, you should have no trouble selling it.

Last edited:

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Welcome, and yeah, what they all said. Especially "pictures," if you can. You need to use an image hosting site like Imgur, etc. to post here. If it's in good shape you should be able to get at least $1,600.00 for it in my humble opinion, more if it's pristeen.