John Pearse 510L Silk and Bronze 12 string vs Earthwood Lights vs?

Guildedagain

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
D'addario Silk and Bronze 12 string vs Earthwood Lights vs?

So I have the EB Earthwoods on the F112 and it's ridiculously easy to play with .09 high E strings, sounds fantabulous if not a tiny bit thin. I noticed the D'addario Silk have .11 high E strings, huge difference. Anybody use these on their 12's? And others, TI, Pyramid, etc?

Last edited:

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Well my friend nobody's bitten, but I remembered this thread that was running a couple of months back that you might have remembered but had trouble finding:
There was also a similar thread dedicated to 12-strings specifically and another member asked a similar question yesterday so I guess I'll go try to dig that one up too for both of ya, stay tuned.
http://www.letstalkguild.com/ltg/showthread.php?199016-12-string-string-guage/page2
Mixed in with our usual digressions are some good solid suggestions for 12-ers specifically, and certainly the most comprehensive recap of everything available I can ever recall.

steve488

Reaction score
Guild Total
My FG-230 has lived on Earthwood lights since it was new (1970) with only a few short visits to others and then back to the Earthwoods.
The G-312 is currently running John Pearse 1300L (80/20 Bronze) but I am seriously thinking of trying the 1410L Phosphor Bronze & Silk ones in the near future. I tend not to experiment much once I find something that works well. I say let your ears drive the decision - find what sounds good to you and use them.

Guildedagain

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
The D'addario's worked out pretty solidly and raised the action slightly which was what it needed. This 1968 F112 OA113 continuously mesmerized me and others all weekend long at a gathering, playing til 1:30 two nights in a row, the only time I grabbed my D35 was to jam along with not just one, but TWO gals who wanted to play it and were good, and I got to play lead on the D35 ;-)

Otherwise, the F112 was just amazing, it's got that angelic choir thing going, certain chords changes, G back into D, just about give you goosebumps. It just sings with a unique voice and people didn't stop commenting on it.

I plugged in on the third day with my Tele and I just wasn't feeling it at all, I wanted my 12...

I need to K&K mini it.

Just now delving into the threads, good reads ;)

Last edited: