Heart concert this Friday

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Got tickets to see Heart, Sheryl Crow and Lucie Silvas this Friday night. I was stationed in the Seattle area when Heart was playing in the bars out there.

Upcoming, Mrs. Dread really wants to go to Willie Nelson and Family with Alison Krause next month. Tickets are pricey. We've seen them both a few times but always a good concert.

I want to see Chris Stapleton later next month but his tickets are even pricier.

FNG

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Occasionally you can snag good deals on tickets on ebay. Worth taking a look! My best score was sold out tickets to see Springsteen solo at the Fox in Detroit.

Scored several killer seats at Comerica to see the Yanks.

I'd love to Stapleton. Saw AKUS at the Fox also, what a show.

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Going to see Earls of Leicester Thursday night at the Ryman Auditorium in Nashville. They do Lester Flatt and Earl Scruggs, only-my fourth time to see them.

crank

Reaction score
We just saw the Willie Nelson Outlaw Country Music Fest a few weeks back in Hartford, CT. We scored decent tickets on Stub Hub for $60 for 2.

Allison was good but very sleepy. Was better when I saw her a few years ago and Jerry Douglas was playing with the band.

Willie was amazingly good for being 86 years old. He played for less than an hour though.

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
I agree, AK was better when she was doing hardcore Bluegrass with Dan Tyminski and Jerry Douglas. I thought her album with Robert Plant was a real yawner too.

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Going to see Earls of Leicester Thursday night at the Ryman Auditorium in Nashville. They do Lester Flatt and Earl Scruggs, only-my fourth time to see them.
IMHO-The best bluegrass band performing today! If you like/liked Flatt and Scruggs-they have their 1954-1965 era music near perfection. T
Last night they played a little over a hour and a half-no breaks. Should they ever be near you-GO!

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Hey dread, I went to meet some friends at Mabel's BBQ at The Palms the other night. Okay food and SUPER high priced drinks, even with my friend working there! But I saw this lineup coming to the Pearl Theater (@ The Palms) here in Vegas. A super nice venue!! Last time I was there was to see Mark Knopfler. Anyway, sounds like a fun show!

I like Allison K. but it depends on whom she's playing with.

If you like bluegrass I can recommend (shameless plug!!) my nephew Rob McCoury and the Traveling McCoury's. Now that Del is semi-retired, the younger generation is still touring and they're super talented!! He's the banjo player and plays the banjo that Don's brother built for him. Nice to see that link to the family.

Anyway, the Heart/Joan Jett & The Blackhearts at the Love Alive Tour will be here in September. I'll bet it's gonna be a good one!! :encouragement:

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Wow, Tom, Rob McCoury is your nephew?!!! I've been a huge fan of them for years, seen them several times. Is Jason Carter still playing the fiddle with them? Robbie, Ronnie, and Jason were one of the top bluegrass instrumental trios of all times, in my opinion, all three are absolute masters of their instruments. When I shook Ronnie's hand I was hoping some of that mandolin skill would rub off on me, LOL.