Ogd

richardp69

Enlightened Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Old Guild Day. Somehow, I've been sitting here for the last year or so without a D 25 in the arsenal. I wanted something pretty cheap, didn't care what it looked like etc. for me to take along with me whenever the Spirit moved me. Came across this arched back D 25. Certainly won't win any beauty contests but it is truly a great player and sounds wonderful. The seller LRC guitars from Florida was also quite cool. He felt bad it took so long to ship but he was dealing with his dad's late stages Alzeimers. I told him no worries, I had enough guitars to get by for a while. But, he sent me 3 really cool T-Shirts anyway.

Hope the old Ebay link works.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Guild-D25-...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

jeffcoop

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Congrats, Richard! I recently fell back in love with my D25, which was my first good guitar and my first Guild.

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
congrats Richard! i like the top hue on that one and i bet it sounds loud.

bobouz

Reaction score
Beautiful top on that one.

Congrats & enjoy!

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Yeah, these arch back hogs ain't shy.
Pretty darn sure that one's an "M" stained spruce top, not a 'hog top, if that's what you meant by "arch back hogs"
s-l500.jpg

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Maybe, not really sure and it makes no difference to me either way. It fills my needs really well.

oh yeah, these D25s are great scores. congrats again richard. spruce top with an arched hog back is quite the killer strumming combo.

richardp69

Enlightened Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Actually, I only have 25 or so hanging on my walls or on stands. The more upper end ones stay in their cases.

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Actually, I only have 25 or so hanging on my walls or on stands. The more upper end ones stay in their cases.

Which two or three make you say "wow" when you play them? Yoursignaturei--along with several other forum members--is just busting at the seams with quality guitars. And I know you have others not listed as you sent Johnny G. a beautiful Guild which was never listed on your signature.

richardp69

Enlightened Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Which two or three make you say "wow" when you play them? Yoursignaturei--along with several other forum members--is just busting at the seams with quality guitars. And I know you have others not listed as you sent Johnny G. a beautiful Guild which was never listed on your signature.

Hi Shelby. Well, why not the most expensive Guild I own, the Oxnard built D 40T Custom is really special and is my favorite guitar. Not far behind that is the DV 73, the Finesse, the 45th Anniversary and the D 55-12. On the Gibson side, any one of the J 45's or the Hummingbird or Dove are special as well.

The one I find myself picking up most often is the 1972 F 40. It's not much to look at but it just feels comfortable and right to me. It's also closest to my recliner and easy to get to.

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Richard:
Your mind must stay in a confused state for hours each day. Always thought we had three categories of choices and two of the three caused conflict.
One-two choices with one good and one bad-no conflict
Two-two choices both good-conflict
Two-two choices both bad-conflict

richardp69

Enlightened Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Yes, confusion reigns supreme in this little slice of Barton City, Michigan. But, it's the type of confusion I actually enjoy.