Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Went To A Guitar Center For The First Time In A While

Quote Originally Posted by JF-30 View Post
    All your gonna get are sideways looks. 16 YO's have no clue what Friends was..
    You’d be surprised. My 18-yo daughter and her friends have seen every episode. They binge shows on Netflix and Hulu.

Mind you I haven't actually been there for years. Our GC has the Les Pauls and PRS all the way up by the ceiling...

You can always get really dubious unwanted advice from some 18yr old handing you some strings after he/she finally gets off the phone.

Someone is usually playing a Metallica riff out of tune, this could actually be the guitar salesman depending on level of turnover...

I don't remember any single guitar in the acoustic room, new guitars don't do anything for me.

Quote Originally Posted by mike1100 View Post
    It's a shame I wasn't born a "Double Jointed Boy."
    Yep, y'coulda been a real star:
    Al
    "Time May Change the Technique of Music But Never Its Mission " - Rachmaninoff
    My 1st Guild: '96 Westerly D25NT "Hally" (10-31-96 stamped on heelblock)
    #2: '01 Westerly F65ce "Blondie"
    #3: '03 Corona D40e Richie Havens "Richie"
    All bought new!

I thought this being a pc international forum we couldn’t post hurtful and offensive descriptions like “Mexican and Chinese junk”? Shouldn’t we just lump them all in as, let’s say, sub American crapolla? This way no one nation or culture is singled out.
    Last edited by Antney; 07-09-2019 at 08:54 PM.

well, Guild MIC is making some solid acoustics. So does Blueridge and many others.
    Wood

1971 D25--The Br
    1973 D35 esh

https://soundcloud.com/woody-adams/sets/not-metal

Quote Originally Posted by Antney View Post
    This way no one nation or culture is singled out.

"Right.
    The whole damn planet's sub-Drangomorgian.
    We'll pass."
    Last edited by adorshki; 07-09-2019 at 09:49 PM.
    Al
    All bought new!

I thought this being a pc international forum we couldn’t post hurtful and offensive descriptions like “Mexican and Chinese junk”? Shouldn’t we just lump them all in as, let’s say, sub American crapolla? This way no one nation or culture is singled out.

Is there any particular reason for separating American junk from rest-of-the-world-junk on international forum ?
    First good guitar - GUILD Duane Eddy 400 - I was 3rd owner - still regret letting it go 25 years ago - used to have Artist Award and Starfire - no regrets here.
    Present guitars - all bought new - F50R 1975 - F512 1977 - F212CSB 1979 - OM-240CE 2018 - Schecter Startocaster
    Bought secondhand - B30SB fretless - RED Songbird - White Songbird - S-60D - D-125 - Gibson 3/4-size acoustic 1957 - Carmelo Gonzales nylon string - old Levin Lute

Blog Entries
    It is hard to tell what the intention is. Some folks say MIC Guilds suck because they are MIC. That, and similar opinions, need to be moderated. But if someone says MIC Guilds suck because they are targeted at an entry level price point, the xenophobia is not (explicitly) there. The latter is more a paraphrase of "you get what you pay for".

In my perfect world, people would not use country of origin as a means of separating the Good from the Bad. But it is a reasonable descriptive term - to those who know, which factory made a Guild conveys a lot of information.

Maybe next time the phrase should be "entry level junk"?
    Quote Originally Posted by mgod View Post
    What he said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuball48 View Post
    Frono: You are correct----again.

'67 Starfire I Bass (Cherry)
    '71 JS II Bass (Walnut)
    '82 B-50 Acoustic Bass (Natural)
    '87 Pilot (Black)
    '13 Newark Street Starfire Bass (Cherry)
    '16 Betts Bass "Walnut Bottom"

LMG I, II, III

This space available.

Quote Originally Posted by GAD View Post
    You’d be surprised. My 18-yo daughter and her friends have seen every episode. They binge shows on Netflix and Hulu.
    You know what it really means when the younger generation says I'm hanging out with friends watching Netflix?

Quote Originally Posted by JF-30 View Post
    You know what it really means when the younger generation says I'm hanging out with friends watching Netflix?
    Same thing it meant when we told our parents we were going bowling?

Or maybe to the video arcade?
    Al
    All bought new!