US women won football championships.

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Hey - no (ball) politics!

Though as an American it's always seemed dumb to me that the ball that you primarily manipulate with your feet isn't the one called the football.

Nuuska

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Sure you don't mean the Kickball Championships? LOL!

TX

Yes - kickball was other name for it - we used that a lot when kids.

I still find it funny about the name "football" in USA - most of the time they carry it or lay in a huge heap on it - sometimes they enen kick it.

Suppose most important should be that we are enjoying it - whatever it is called.

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Yes - kickball was other name for it - we used that a lot when kids.

I still find it funny about the name "football" in USA - most of the time they carry it or lay in a huge heap on it - sometimes they enen kick it.

Suppose most important should be that we are enjoying it - whatever it is called.

I have honestly tried to get into soccer but it just doesn't do it for me. All of the faked injuries from contact that obviously never happened on the replay does crack me up though. I started trying to watch the women's world cup until it became about everything but soccer. That turned me off so I turned it off. Maybe next time.

TX

Cougar

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I have honestly tried to get into soccer but it just doesn't do it for me. All of the faked injuries....

Same here. They take so much time kicking the ball backward, away from the goal they're going for, looking for an opening, rather than always forward, like in ICE HOCKEY, which I've come to enjoy quite a bit.

Nevertheless, the women's team was BIG NATIONAL NEWS in this tournament from the beginning, when they DEMOLISHED that first team and scored something like 15 goals. I would have watched the final if Mrs. Cougar hadn't BROKEN HER LEG, requiring surgery to implant screws and plates to stabilze the nasty fracture. :grief:

merlin6666

Reaction score
Same here. They take so much time kicking the ball backward, away from the goal they're going for, looking for an opening, rather than always forward, like in ICE HOCKEY, which I've come to enjoy quite a bit.

Haha, still beats baseball or gridiron "football" where the players just stand around for 4/5ths of the time. Watching a chess tournament may have more action that that.

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I didn't know they still played Hockey, Thought the NHL folded years ago.

TX

Cougar

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I didn't know they still played Hockey, Thought the NHL folded years ago.

You're just joshin', right. :tiger: Heck, they're expanding. Even Vegas has a team now! And they're darn good, making the 2018 Stanley Cup finals....