JF 30 is there anything it doesn't sound good doing?

General Dreedle

Reaction score
I'm serious, I've had it for a bit now and it's great strumming - it has a really nice balanced tone, great fingerpicking - all the notes are clearly defined, I've only done a little flatpicking but I can't imagine it sounds bad doing that, it stays on tune with a capo. What a great guitar.

bobouz

Reaction score
I too find mine to be tonally superb.

But in a perfect world, it would have a short scale & a 16" body!

JF-30

Reaction score
I too find mine to be tonally superb.

But in a perfect world, it would have a short scale & a 16" body!

I love mine too. Was rocking it the other night. Hey bououz its FZ Fan. Say Hi to everyone at the Gibson Forum. I baled it was lame over there.

General Dreedle

Reaction score
I love mine too. Was rocking it the other night. Hey bououz its FZ Fan. Say Hi to everyone at the Gibson Forum. I baled it was lame over there.

I'm over there too with the same screen name, it has been very quiet there lately.

JF-30

Reaction score
I had enough, one of the mods censored one of my post and I told him to delete my account and took my guitars and went home.

bobouz

Reaction score
Hey bououz its FZ Fan. Say Hi to everyone at the Gibson Forum. I baled it was lame over there.

An interesting thread will still occasionally pop up there, but not too often these days. I enjoy sharing info about instruments & picking up new tidbits from others - without prickly fluff. This forum is sooooo much better in that respect, and sooooo much better moderated. The UMGF "technical info" section is also a favorite, with luthiers & other forum members sharing helpful info about any brand of instrument you'd like to discuss - just the way it should be in a more grown up world!

jedzep

Reaction score
Oh stop it, you knuckleheads! Get back to the Gibson forum and stir up something new, if you have something. There's a finite amount of info when discussing guitars, so everything recycles anyway. This one ebbs and flows the same.

Hey, what got censored, FZF? Inquiring minds want to know.

Oh, I forgot. My M20 bridge is cracking. WTF!

I'm still hunting old guitars. The M30. Fat chance.

General Dreedle

Reaction score
I don't mind the Gibson forum. I still love my jf 30. I think it's a great all around guitar.

bobouz

Reaction score
Oh stop it, you knuckleheads! Get back to the Gibson forum and stir up something new, if you have something. There's a finite amount of info when discussing guitars, so everything recycles anyway. This one ebbs and flows the same.

David, I still participate over there, and I still love playing my Gibsons. But I greatly prefer the positive people and conversation here, so these days it's a no brainer as to where I'd rather spend my time.

Now what's up with the cracked bridge? Time for some rosewood dust & superglue?

And how's that cool J-50 doing? Ever get the peghead logo sorted out?

jedzep

Reaction score
Hah! Just being my obnoxious self, Bob.

I'm with you, really like the forum folks here. They've been helpful and fun to banter with.

I knew there was a hairline bridge crack in a bad spot, on the sound hole side of the slot, and when I saw that the saddle was leaning forward under tension I whipped off the strings. I decided to throw a few dollars and get it removed so it could be properly glued and clamped. I'd hate to lose that little chunk of BR.

I never found a printer that seemed like they could handle the stencil/paint (frisket) deal, so I went with the period correct waterslide decal for a temp fix. I'll have Steve Kovacik look at it when I squirrel away the bucks to have him restore the sound hole ring. It's a great player in the meantime. Thanks for asking.

JF-30

Reaction score

Hey, what got censored, FZF? Inquiring minds want to know.

Oh, I forgot. My M20 bridge is cracking. WTF!

I'm still hunting old guitars. The M30. Fat chance.
It was about the video Mark Agnesi posted. I called him a few choice words and said with I think about him (I know so unlike me you must be shocked) and the mod (Probably KS Daddy) censored it. I saw that and I messaged him and told him to delete my account. I traded my Gibson BB King for a Martin 000-28 two days ago. I now own no electric guitars as I will N-E-V-E-R buy a Gibson again.

Last edited:

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
What's the percentage of Gibsons with upside own truss rods on e-commerce sites?
Do they call it the Guild orientation?
Are you even allowed to discuss alternative orientations over there?
(Gotta admit it's a touchy subject here, even, so to speak.)
Are you allowed to ask about what kind of strings to use?
What about Martin owners, are they allowed?
Wanna stir something up on ANY forum?
Ask for a show of hands of Yoko Ono fans.
:smile:

JF-30

Reaction score
What's the percentage of Gibsons with upside own truss rods on e-commerce sites?
I took sooooooo much cra% from the Gibson guys on that forum for being Martin fan and a Zappa fan too, and just recently Guild (never had one till January). There are acoustic guys who want to discuss guitar related topics and absolutely nothing else.

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
I took sooooooo much cra% from the Gibson guys on that forum for being Martin fan and a Zappa fan too, and just recently Guild (never had one till January). There are acoustic guys who want to discuss guitar related topics and absolutely nothing else.

There are a few Zappa fans here. Most people who remember "Cheepnis" can figure out the origin story of my handle. We also talk about other brands as needed, since if you don't know what the competition is, how can you know how awesome your Guilds are? There are a lot of folks who like to stay focused but veers are usually tolerated. Politics and religion should be avoided especially since there is no appeal if a Moderator decides something is worthy of editing or deleting. The kind of comments that would get you an appointment with Human Resources to discuss the various harassment polices in the workplace should be avoided. But if your post comes across as being kind and polite then you can get away with a lot :)

JF-30

Reaction score
Go to the shelter...go to the shelter

Seen FZ 3 times and going to see Dweez for the second in September.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

F312

Reaction score

Ha Ha, so funie, I no you like joke, me laugh Ha Ha. ~ ONO

Ralph

Last edited:

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Ha Ha, so funie, I no you like joke, me laugh Ha Ha. ~ ONO

Ralph

Which makes me want to run a poll:

Is not liking Yoko
  1. A political stance
  2. A religious stance
  3. Both
  4. An uninformed and erroneous opinion

No moderators were harmed by this post although perhaps one should have been ;-)

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Which makes me want to run a poll:

Is not liking Yoko
  1. A political stance
  2. A religious stance
  3. Both
  4. An uninformed and erroneous opinion

No moderators were harmed by this post although perhaps one should have been ;-)

5. A universal right of every entity alive across multiple dimensions and space time continuum's.:cheerful:

TX