Guitar identification

Reaction score
Hey guys. New to the Guild family. Just got myself a vintage 72' starfire V. What I'm confused about is that from the research I have done, the SFV came out with the Bigsby tailpiece, where mine has the harp tail piece. Does anyone know if they released a SFV with a harp tail piece?

TIA

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Welcome to LTG. What exactly does the label say? Anything like "Spec" for special?

Ralf

Last edited:

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Just got myself a vintage 72' starfire V. What I'm confused about is that from the research I have done, the SFV came out with the Bigsby tailpiece, where mine has the harp tail piece. Does anyone know if they released a SFV with a harp tail piece?

Hello Andrew,

Welcome! During that particular period quite a few Starfire Vs without a Bigsby vibrato were done by Guild. I have personally seen at least half a dozen, but that doesn't mean that they are common; it's still a pretty rare guitar. Go ahead and show us the one that you got!

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
www.guitarsgalore.nl

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Serial is #75212 and the model is SFV Ebony Spec
Ah! There was an Amber one for sale recently hence I thought you got that. But that Ebony one is even better! Anyway, the "spec" means it was an special one. It also has the phase switch, I had seen this also on another one in emerald green from that time.

Enjoy your new Guild, I really like the picture!

Ralf