Reverential Member
Reaction score
The Toronto Raptors are NBA champions. With a 114-110 victory in Game 6

klay-thompson-golden-state-warriors_4694075.jpg

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
warriors suffered some brutal injuries. no way toronto wins if Durant is healthy.

FNG

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I really enjoyed Kawhi Leonard throughout the playoffs. What a great player.

Glad to see GSWs lose....Curry irritates me for some reason.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
I really enjoyed Kawhi Leonard throughout the playoffs. What a great player.

Glad to see GSWs lose....Curry irritates me for some reason.

He irritated a LOT of people last night..... :glee:

I actually only started watching basketball last year because surprisingly enough the GF's into it.
What in the world does a girl from Shanghai care about basketball, you may ask?:
Yao Ming.
:smile:
This season I started realizing it was pretty enjoyable, I liked the fast pace.
And I had to admit the Raptors were "faster" than the Warriors, their passing was mind-blowing.
I was pretty sure anybody who watched the game'd "get" why I put up the pics of Thompson, though.
(Fighting through the pain and coming back to make the free throws, "just in case".
Guts and class, IMHO)

Last edited:

FNG

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I like college ball better, they play a different game than the pros.

Took the grandkid up to Atlanta to see the Hawks play the Celtics. He's ate up with Kyrie Irving. Great seats, nice venue, good food, good time. Celtics won a good game, boy had a blast.

silverfox103

Reaction score
warriors suffered some brutal injuries. no way toronto wins if Durant is healthy.

Same as 2015, No way the Warriors beat Cleveland if Kyrie Irving or Kevin Lowe weren't injured. LeBron James put the whole team on his back and took them to 6 games. The following year a healthy Cleveland beat the Warriors in five. Injuries are part of the game.

Curry irritates me for some reason.

Me too, he's a punk.

I gotta laugh at people who think there the greatest team ever. They know nothing about NBA basketball: Celtics teams won 11 out of 13 Championships...that's a dynasty, Michael Jordan led teams won 6 out of 7, they would have won 7 out of 7 if Michael didn't try to play Baseball; Great Lakers and Celtics teams of the 80's. The 86 Celtics, the greatest team I've seen. And musn't forget the Knicks championships of 1970 and 1973, loaded with hall of famer's. Still remember Willis Read putting the Knicks on his back, in the 70 Championship, when he barely could walk.

Compared to any of those teams, the present Warriors are "D" Leaguers.

Tom

FNG

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Man..those Celtics/Lakers matchups in the 80s were classic.

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Man..those Celtics/Lakers matchups in the 80s were classic.

+1.

I haven't watched the NBA for several years. It has turned into a league run by the players. You already know who's in the Finals before the season starts. Players today are more concerned with their "brand" than with winning. LeBron in LA being the most obvious example.

walrus

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
+1.

I haven't watched the NBA for several years. It has turned into a league run by the players. You already know who's in the Finals before the season starts. Players today are more concerned with their "brand" than with winning. LeBron in LA being the most obvious example.

walrus
Allow me to second those sentiments.
I used to enjoy the NBA but simply don't watch anymore. I don't miss a game of March Madness, however. :loyal:

Joe

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
yeah, March madness is the best. I too like Al have grown to enjoy the pace of the NBA game. I do like watching LeBron James play, he is just awesome. Leonard is fantastic, and so i Durant. The Lakers could be something next year, with the Anthony Davis acquisition. My Celtics time might be over, their shot was really this year. I just try to avoid all the politics and culture infusion that is in NBA and NFL these days. I mute all commercials and pre-game stuff. :)