NGD - Another F47...

ronbo

Reaction score
I really love my F47R, such a great sounding and playing (and looking) guitar! Love the body style, the great dread-like projection, volume and rosewood 'thump', and the body style is comfortable enough for couch playing. I've been looking for a maple-bodied guitar for a while and the D30 was high on my list, but then this beauty F47M came up on Reverb and the price was so good I had to act. It has all of the above qualities with a nice amount of maple clarity, a surprising amount of bass and a 'snap' that the rosewood doesn't have. So far I love it!!! I really love the burst and how nice the flame maple shines through. I also realized that I have 4 acoustics and they all have Adirondack-spruce tops...not that I think they are any better than Sitka, etc, but I do love the way they sound! I'm usually not one for having two very similar guitars, but these are different enough in sound that I'm loving it...and they feel almost identical.

tSm7iC5.jpg

L6si8U0.jpg

oy8Wfu7.jpg

h32e9EV.jpg

zRIA3cF.jpg

Last edited:

F312

Reaction score
Tacoma? NH? Either or is good.

Ralph

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
NICE!
Both New Hartfords, right?
I'd forgotten they did Florentine cutaways there.
Nice burst, too.
The reddish-to-yellow fade is my favorite and I like it's not too dark at theedges..
EDIT:
After seeing Ralph's comment, I realized they did use open tuners in Tacoma.

Last edited:

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Wow! That is one Gorgeous New Hartford F47-MCE! The F47R looks nice too but there is something about a New Hartford Burst that just does it for me. I'll bet it sounds Amazing with the Adi top and solid Maple back and sides. Wonderful grain and flame on the maple back as well. Congrats on a nice score!

TX

Last edited:

Bonneville88

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Sweet guitars and cool photos, congrats! Flamed burst on back is killer, wow!

ronbo

Reaction score
Yep, Both are New Hartfords...I believe the Rosewood is a 2009 and the Maple is a 2013, if I read my serial number correctly. It has to be one of the prettiest bursts I've ever seen! The maple also has the D-Tar Multi-source pickup, which really sounds great...I may need to buy an acoustic amp now!

HeyMikey

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Congrats. That is drop dead gorgeous! The cutaway is super cool looking and the burst really jumps out at you. If you don’t mind what are the lower bout and neck width specs? I would love to find a smaller maple.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Congrats. That is drop dead gorgeous! The cutaway is super cool looking and the burst really jumps out at you. If you don’t mind what are the lower bout and neck width specs? I would love to find a smaller maple.
Please excuse the butt-insky but F47's are 16" lower bout width "by definition", although the NH's are on the very slightly shallower side at 4-7/8 deep, 1-11/16 nut width.
More here:
https://web.archive.org/web/2013061...s/details/?partno=3854000801#simpleContained4

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
That's probably the most beautiful NH made F-47MCE I have ever seen! The maple on the back is just amazing as is the burst. Congratulations to that NGD!

Ralf

Gamehenge757

Reaction score
That sunburst f-47 is a beauty. I love the way the 47’s play, very comfy guitar, ive got a ‘69 f-47 that’s still a tremendous player. Good buy

Walter Broes

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Nice, congratulations! I can't blame you - I have a NH F47R that I love, and I've long wondered about the maple version.

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Wow, what a beauty!! It's such a great size and although I generally prefer a Venetian cutaway, that Florentine one sure looks nice. Beautiful maple, beautiful burst! I'd be happy as well..... :encouragement:

loowood

Reaction score
Guild Total
I really love my F47R, such a great sounding and playing (and looking) guitar! Love the body style, the great dread-like projection, volume and rosewood 'thump', and the body style is comfortable enough for couch playing. I've been looking for a maple-bodied guitar for a while and the D30 was high on my list, but then this beauty F47M came up on Reverb and the price was so good I had to act. It has all of the above qualities with a nice amount of maple clarity, a surprising amount of bass and a 'snap' that the rosewood doesn't have. So far I love it!!! I really love the burst and how nice the flame maple shines through. I also realized that I have 4 acoustics and they all have Adirondack-spruce tops...not that I think they are any better than Sitka, etc, but I do love the way they sound! I'm usually not one for having two very similar guitars, but these are different enough in sound that I'm loving it...and they feel almost identical.

tSm7iC5.jpg

L6si8U0.jpg

oy8Wfu7.jpg

h32e9EV.jpg

zRIA3cF.jpg
Would you be willing to sell the Sunburst?