Brazilian rosewood bridge and fingerboard on d25m ?

Reaction score
Hi all,

I did some reading on the subject on this forum and found a post from Hans stating that guild used brazilian RW for bridges and fingerboards until the late ‘70s, and showed an exemple of a d25m.

I made me wonder if my own ‘79 d25m had brazilian rw since it looks quite different from my other guitars.

Not sure how to post picture so they might come as an answer to this first post.

Looking forward to hear your thoughts on the matter :)

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Hans said my '76 D-25M is likely Braz bridge and fingerboard.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Sorry it took me a while to figure out how to post pictures :) here they come :
63bfd9e2-02bf-4fd5-ada7-9dd2fb809004-jpeg.343743

1a2a09ef-832b-4fb6-b3a8-c7688a86802d-jpeg.343744

Reaction score
Oh that sounds promising !
Do you have pictures of it somewhere for comparison purposes ?

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score

Y'got the right idea but think those images can only be seen if one logs into that Strat forum, think they're hosted as attachments there as opposed to direct links to the actual .jpeg files.
A hosting site like Imgur stores 'em as actual image files, that's what this site needs to link to.
But to the main point, I thought Hans had said they had Braz blanks suitable for fretboards and bridges even into the '80's, or maybe the point is they began reserving it for higher-end models.
Equally if not more likely is that my memory's yet again experiencing the corrosive effects of waking up every day.
In any case yes the probability your D25 has Braz is high.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ah I was so naive and thought I found an easy way to post pictures here since I already posted them on another forum in the past :)
Will try again !

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Yup it worked.

Yeah the links work (and that's ok, we know that posting pics can be a little problematic here) but will they show up when the "insert image" function is used?
Lessee:

9AfMrlH.jpg

pY7kSXN.jpg

Oh my those are big ones.
:glee:
Ok the trick is to copy the pic once you can see it in Imgur, then use the insert image image icon to paste the image file into.
I have also noticed that pics copied from a different browser than the one you use for this forum don'ty alwys work; example if I copy an image in Chrome and attempt to link it here where I'm using Explorer, it virtually never works (anymore)
:friendly_wink:

Last edited:

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Wow, that's a really brown top on that D-25M. Does look like Braz bridge and fingerboard to me FWIW. Here's mine:

a6DE1p9.jpg

I'll see if I can find a closeup of the bridge and fingerboard.