Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
GAD-800.jpg

Nuuska

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
A quick look reveals amazing detail - all three letters have exactly same pattern in some parts.
I'm quite sure that GAD would not cheat us by any cheap photoshopping technicue - but rather actually produce an original inlaid piece of art and then photographing it with his amazing rig and skills - for all of us to enjoy :watermelon:
So that means that he must have had three shims made of same blue MFP that have same pattern - like going to lumberyard and buying wood panelling that is cut of same trunk - showing same branches etc.

But then - while I have true faith that he would not cheat us on any of this, there seems to be one blemish - perhaps it is what I learned to call "Indian Mistake" while in US - the native americans who were excellent in their handwork - they deliberately left some small imperfections in their craft - in order not to insult The Almighty - who was the only one supposed to be perfect - so Gad might have done it, too - in order not to insult some.... - the black background is lighter on left side - the seam goes through "A" - is that a hidden message or what?

Is there a hidden conspiracy buried into this - oh Al !!! Where areth thou in moment of distress?

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Yeah. Definately hand crafted. No question about it.

Nuuska

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Full Credit on Rich

Waiting for gloomy truth to unveil it's ugly face.

Charlie Bernstein

Reaction score
. . . perhaps it is what I learned to call "Indian Mistake" while in US - the native americans who were excellent in their handwork - they deliberately left some small imperfections in their craft - in order not to insult The Almighty - who was the only one supposed to be perfect . . . .
This American thought that was a Persian rug-making practice!

Can't find what you're talking about Googling indian mistake, but Googling persian rug mistake turns up articles like this.

It also depends on which tribes you're talking about, since a lot of Native American religions have more than one God.

(And just because Google and I never heard of it doesn't mean it doesn't exist!)

Last edited:

GGJaguar

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Cool! I might have to steal the "G" and stitch 3 of them together for my monogram. :)

Nuuska

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
This American thought that was a Persian rug-making practice!

Can't find what you're talking about Googling indian mistake, but Googling persian rug mistake turns up articles like this.

It also depends on which tribes you're talking about, since a lot of Native American religions have more than one God.

(And just because Google and I never heard of it doesn't mean it doesn't exist!)

Hello

Most interesting reading. My source of information is my ex wife. She's white American. Born in MN. She did a lot of weaving and some basketry work plus a little of this and that. I learned my version back then - and it sounded so good, that I accepted it without question. Could well have been in other old cultures, too.