"Little Sun" has gone nova.

12 string

Reaction score
Guild Total
Those of us who go back a ways may have been influenced by Koerner, Ray,and Glover. I was. I believe "Spider" John Koerner is still with us but we lost 12 string pioneer Dave "Snaker" Ray a few years back and Tony "Little Sun" Glover, mouth harp wizard, just passed away. RIP

Last edited:

Brad Little

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I had a book on blues harp by "Little Sun", very entertaining read :saturn:
I don't know if this book is the one included in the Folkways set that I got when I was semi-serious about harp. Still have it somewhere. Spent a lot of time with their three LPs when they firs came out. Was in Minneapolis in '66, hoped to see them, but they were not performing there that weekend.

sailingshoes72

Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear the news about Tony "Little Sun" Glover. My older brother had the Koerner, Ray and Glover albums back in the 60's. It was my introduction to the Delta Blues, Country Blues and Work Songs. They had a very authentic sound! "Spider" John Koerner was an influence on me... not so much on my guitar playing style, but more about the music that I was interested in listening to and learning to play. RIP

Charlie Bernstein

Reaction score
Been listening to Koerner a lot lately. Just bought an old car with a cassette player, so I've pulled my boxes of cassettes out of mothballs.

The guy's a hoot. I just started practicing "Shortnin Bread." It's going onto my blues trio's playlist.

Sad about Little Sun, but sounds like he had a good run.