I guess I did something wrong

Cougar

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
....The guitar did not sell and he eventually relisted it at $850 or Best Offer + shipping (my original offer) but when I went to buy it via BIN I received a message back that the Buyer would not accept any offers from me. I'm still not sure what I did that was so offensive....

That is totally weird! And uncalled for! Plus, a BIN is not an offer from you. HE offered it at that price and you accepted.

The saddle certainly isn't low, and he claimed the action is low. Maybe he thought you ought to know that equates to a reasonable neck angle. Still the guy is being a complete jerk for no reason by not accepting your acceptance of his $850 offer. Maybe he lurks on LTG and thinks you already have enough guitars, lol, but that's also pretty ridiculous, too.

BTW, what's that thin white line going down near the neck joint? Goes through the binding and the heel. Must be a reflection?

And it's a burst! Jeez, looks pretty sweet to me.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Yes Richard, that one caught my eye, too. A couple of little red flags for me was the fact that he says he's not sure if it's ever had a neck reset. Seems odd to say that unless there were signs of one, whereby you'd be better off saying "it may have had" a neck reset. Also, there are some slight finish issues around the tuners on the headstock that he does not mention. It's minor, but still, I'd like to see full disclosure.
One other little detail is the dating:
"Made in Westerly, RI in 1996 or 1997 (The information available about Guild guitars from this period is incomplete, so I cannot provide a precise year of manufacture.)"
Actually those're some of the more easily identifiable models on Guild's charts, and the last s/n shows used in '93.
I agree with others who think seller just wanted to side-step dealing with a really knowledgeable buyer.

Br1ck

Reaction score
Maybe the guy is just so petty he doesn't want to give you the satisfaction of you getting the guitar at the price you wanted.

Curlington

Reaction score
I think it was all for the best. My personal policy is, if any slight weirdness at all arises during the transaction, I just drop it. There are too many good sellers and buyers out there to make it worthwhile to mess with the marginal ones. Cheers.

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Yeah, what Curlington said. And Richard is one of those stellar buyers/sellers around here. Even if he is a Badgers fan...